Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ortegah
    replied
    Oh okay. Just making sure it wasn't something that might help me. It still didn't bring over everyone's avatars for some reason. But when I go live I'll just tell them to redo them if I can't figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by ortegah
    Am I seeing correctly that there is another import update?
    Yes, there were some Infopop/groupee and Phorum3 updates.

Leave a comment:

• ortegah
    replied
    Nevermind

I did another import and this time it just so happened to work.

Am I seeing correctly that there is another import update?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by ortegah
    Okay, not a problem. I won't delete anything. I don't think there's a place to do it anyhow. I'll check out his account. Is there any way to change those blank posts over to his name after the import?
    What system are you importing from and what is the president user's id in the source system ? Are you attempting to merge them during the import ?

Leave a comment:

• ortegah
    replied
    Okay, not a problem. I won't delete anything. I don't think there's a place to do it anyhow. I'll check out his account. Is there any way to change those blank posts over to his name after the import?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do NOT delete any of the standard vB usergroups. Doing so will make your forums inoperable.

As for the user there is obviously something wrong with his account for this not to import correctly.

Leave a comment:

• ortegah
    replied
    Oh that's another question I just thought of. How do I delete usergroups...like the ones that came standard with vbulletin. I want to stick with the usergroups we already had in place.

Leave a comment:

• ortegah
    replied
    the users name is mhossom . Crazy, huh? lol

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What is that user's username? Maybe it has a strange character in it.

I don't recommend turning on HTML because this will open your forums to security risks, but you can do this in the Forum Manager for each forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow HTML -> Yes

Leave a comment:

• ortegah
    started a topic Another problem

Another problem

I've imported my data a few times over and played with some stuff. Now one problem I'm having every time is that when I import users, it's skipping at least one user. That is, his posts show up but it says "by" with no name after it. It just so happens to be the president of our organization! lol

Another problem is this: where each post is in the upper right hand corner of their message it says "Posts: n/a" so obviously I did something wrong during the import but im not sure.

Third problem is this: although it said it imported the avatars, they aren't showing up.

And the last problem that I can think of at this moment is this: Posts that had used html tags aren't showing up correctly and the settings on the bottom of each thread page says "HTML code is OFF" and I don't know how to turn it on again.

Any help is appreciated,
    Heather
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X