Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be setting something up wrong. I have got it now where it will go and redirect me to the regular error page, but it will not consider any of the urls as valid and forwad based on them, and it is not logging anything, so I am having a hard time determining why it is not liking the data being fed to it.

I think it might be the way I have the configuration set up but I am not sure. I have tried it a variety of ways.

Edit: I got it working. It is my own dumb fault. Been 12 hours on working on converting my site over so I will blame it partially on fatigue. When I set up the table in mysql I did not pre-pend forum_ on to it, like I have with my vbulletin tables. I figured as long as it knew in the file I would be okay. Of course it wasn't looking for it. As soon as I remade the table with the proper name it worked like a charm.

Awesome tool. Thanks Jerry.
    Last edited by marksman; Sat 12 Aug '06, 8:35pm.

Comment

ubb.threads support now.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yea, not quite sure where that = came from !

Get rid of it.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Help using 404.impex with PNphpBB2 and root folder forums

I'm trying to convert from PNphpBB2 and my forums are not in subfolders.

The old forum looks like http://domain.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-9940.html and the new vBulletin forum is http://forum.domain.com/showthread.php?t=456.

Has anyone already done the script modifications to get this to work?

Comment

Originally posted by echamberlain View Post
            I'm trying to convert from PNphpBB2 and my forums are not in subfolders.

The old forum looks like http://domain.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-9940.html and the new vBulletin forum is http://forum.domain.com/showthread.php?t=456.

Has anyone already done the script modifications to get this to work?
            Not for those type of links, it would need modification for that.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Only getting 404 page

I have migrated from phpBB2 to vB 3.6.

First .. thanks for the awesome Impex script. Worked great! We had 1.2 million posts to migrate and it went without any major problems!

I am trying to use the redirect script and have a few questions:

1) I am only getting the not_found.html page and not getting redirected to the new forum.

here is my 404.php config

Code:

// System
              #Currently supported : 'phpBB2' 'ubb.threads' 'vb3' 'ipb2'

$old_system  = 'phpBB2';

// Domain
              // Example :: http://www.example.com/phpBB/

$old_folder  = 'phpBB2/';         // With trailing slash
              $old_ext_type = '.php';          // Including preceding dot
              $standard_404  = 'http://www.mydomain.com/not_found.html';  // The usual 404 that this script replaces

// Example :: http://www.example.com/vBulletin/

$new_domain  = '';
              $new_folder  = 'forum/'; // With trailing slash
              $ext_type  = '.php';   // File extension type that vBulletin is using, i.e. index.php including the preceding dot

// Database
              // This is the vBulletin database, needed for import id look up and logging
              This is working.  THe database was created and is logging entries.
              // System

$refresh_speed  = 0;  // Speed of the redirect, 0 advised.
              $do_logs   = true;  // Always best to log to see that its working and if there are any "Unknown link type, talk to Jerry" links
              $do_404   = false;  // true = a 404 (Not Found) redirect. false is a 301 search engine friendly redirect (Moved Permanently)
              2) For the $new_domain config I have tried everything ... what EXACTLY should go here assuming my domain is mydomain.com?

3) I am getting 10 and 20's for the action codes in the 404_actions table.

Example = incoming /phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3571&sid=07...
              outgoing = http://www.mydomain.com/not_found.html

I get that for every attempt at accessing the old forum.

My .htaccess is redirecting to the 404.php (since the not_found.html page is coming up).

4) Does it matter that I changed the phpBB2 folder name and deactivated the old board?

5) I do NOT have table prefixes.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by lknmedia View Post
                1) I am only getting the not_found.html page and not getting redirected to the new forum.
                I have updated the script with a debug flag now so you can activate that and it will die after it has found the link type and the SQL, if the action is blank then its not parsing the REQUST_URI correctly, which is also displayed.

2) For the $new_domain config I have tried everything ... what EXACTLY should go here assuming my domain is mydomain.com?
                I'm guessing it is correct and the URI isn't being parsed correctly, download the latest 404.php, copy the config over and set debug to true and see what it displays.

3) I am getting 10 and 20's for the action codes in the 404_actions table.
                Well its working, though not dealing with the URI, see answer to 2.

4) Does it matter that I changed the phpBB2 folder name and deactivated the old board?
                Nope, as with the working of the script as long as the importid's are left in the database your fine, part of the design as you should be able to completely remove the source system and the 404 will use the target database to redirect.

5) I do NOT have table prefixes.

Any ideas?
                Grab the new 404, turn debug on, see what the action is (if anything , and the URI) then post back here and I'll try and give you the correct code to match for your redirects.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Why not use regex instead of substr? The current system is not working for profiles for me:

http://forum.finalgear.com/profile.p...iewprofile&u=2

Debug on:

Code:
                  Action :: user
                  SQL :: SELECT userid FROM vb_user WHERE importuserid = iewprofile
                  REQUEST_URI :: /profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
                  Config:

PHP Code:
                  $old_system     'phpBB2';

// Domain
                  // Example :: http://www.example.com/phpBB/

$old_folder     '';                                 // With trailing slash
                  $old_ext_type    '.php';                                     // Including preceding dot
                  $standard_404     'http://www.finalgear.com/_404.php';     // The usual 404 that this script replaces

// Example :: www.example.com/vBulletin/

$new_domain     'forums.finalgear.com';
                  $new_folder        '';    // With trailing slash
                  $ext_type        '.php';         // File extension type that vBulletin is using, i.e. index.php including the preceding dot 
                  http://www.finalgear.com/phpinfo.php
                  FinalGear.com Forums -- Top Gear and general automotive forums

Comment

Some do, some don't its just the way its evolved.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

TroubleShooting 404.php

Hi there,

I am at a loss as to why my 404.php is not doing what it is supposed to do so as a last resort wanted to see if you can help.

I am running vb 3.6.1 and vbseo 3.0.RC5 .

The issue is, the script is redirecting everything to 404.htm regardless whether it is an old phpbb page or not. I have enabled debugging, this is what I get:

Action ::
                      SQL ::
                      REQUEST_URI :: /viewtopic.php?p=137&sid=fc4d584dc4cbcb88aa652fcaa5963c41o

I've also turned logging on but it does not seem to be generating anything for some reason.

My table does not have any prefix so don't think that's the issue as someone pointed out earlier.

Also in vbseo, all 404 requests are being redirected to 404.php via vbseo's redirect engine.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: How can I tell if I have the importid's still intact in vbulletin (the entries exist but I am not sure what I am supposed to see in the tables)? Could that be the cause?

Comment

I wonder why this apache rewrite rule doesnt work for old phpbb2 links?

RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php\?t=([0-9]+)$ showthread.php?t=$1 [R=301,L]

Comment

Only getting the not_found.html page

Hi jerry,
                          i'm trying to redirect my old phpbb2 forum to my new vbulletin version running both on IIS
                          i've installed the 404 script and also configured, but i am only getting the not_found.html page and not getting redirected to the new forum.

If i set debug on, i get this

Action ::
                          SQL ::
                          REQUEST_URI :: /404.php?404;http://www.mydomain.it:80/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=194

and nothing more...

any help ?

Comment

Originally posted by developer45 View Post
                            I wonder why this apache rewrite rule doesnt work for old phpbb2 links?

RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php\?t=([0-9]+)$ showthread.php?t=$1 [R=301,L]
                            You cannot redirect users to the same threadid only changing the script name because your new forum will have your old messages using a new thread id.

For example, a threadid number 12345 on your old forums might have been converted as 8765, for example, thus the need of a script for reading the database and learning what is the new threadid for your old message thread.

Cheers,
                            Gabriel.

Comment

Regarding Invision Power Board (IPB).

There are two problems.

The official ImpEx 404 script does not take into account lofiversion, which is used by Google.

Also since the old links use index.php and as index.php exists, it does not cause a 404 error, thus the script does not work.

In order to solve these two issues, I create I new script based on Jerrys'.

I hope I will help other users migrating from IPB to vBulletin that don't want to lose their incoming visitors that still have old links.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
                              Gabriel.
                              Attached Files

Comment

BTW. My script doesn't work well on big sites because each query takes several seconds. I had to disable it on my own forum (+400,000 old threads) because it was overloading my MySQL server.

I plan to write a 2.0 version with a fixed file-based lookup table. This would increase speed and not overload the MySQL server, even though we would need to run a query to create the lookup file once.

Cheers,
                                Gabriel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X