Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a back up of phpbb ASAP PLZ

phpbb_db_backup.sql

ok I'm using phpbb, I went to the phpbb admin panel and used that backup system it wouldn't let me use a gzip comperssion but I did a full backup and it made that phpbb_db_backup.sql on my desktop... does this mean my forum is backed up? and if not how do I back it up before I proceed with a transfer?

also I wanna use my back-up to practice the transfer, right? how do I go about doing that....

Comment

The file you have on your desktop is the SQL file that is the backup of your phpBB database as long as it was a complete and successful download.

You will need to restore that back up to a database where ImpEx can connect to it and to the vBulletin database, if you have vBulletin installed, 99.9% of the time the phpBB database will have phpBB_ table prefixes so you can restore the phpBB backup into the vBulletin database and set the target and source details to the same in ImpExConfig.php

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ok I tried to restore it into a empty database and it doesnt' do anything.... I really don't understand much about this, phpbb was easy to set up... I'm no pro at this stuff.... but I have downloaded vbulletin www.jdmdreams.net/vb and my current forum is www.jdmdreams.net/forum you said restore my backup into my vbulletin database, wouldn't that make my source and target the same exact thing? how would it transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by JSpekBB4
          you said restore my backup into my vbulletin database, wouldn't that make my source and target the same exact thing? how would it transfer?
          Yes it would, because you said you took a back up of the database I assumed you were moving servers.

As both databases are on the same server you can set the target using the vBulletin database name and details and the source as the phpBB details.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'm confused ok I'm transfering from phpbb I made a backup ... I restore the back up in the vb database I set up instead of the test database I made for the transfer, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JSpekBB4
              I'm confused ok I'm transfering from phpbb I made a backup ... I restore the back up in the vb database I set up instead of the test database I made for the transfer, correct?
              I'm not quite sure what you have done, if you have the tables in the vBulletin database then set that as the source as well as the target in ImpEx config.

If you want to use the test database you can restore the phpBB database there and then set that database as the source, if they are on the same server it won't make any difference.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

done thanx for your help Jerry

www.jdmdreams.net/vb

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X