Import help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import help

I'm working importing a custom board. I commandeered the vblite system files and modified them to do what I need and have got the import to actually work. There are a few details that I'd like to get advice on if possible:
    1. The forums are imported with the "show threads from last day" option set. I'd rather it be "show all threads". How do I set that in the import scripts?
    2. Our old board allows HTML in posts, but the import doesn't do any translation. Is there a module or bit of code somewhere that I can use to translate the more common HTML into vb code reliably?
    Thanks for Impex and any help you can give.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomwestbrook; Sat 1 Apr '06, 10:24am.
    LF Photo forum

1. Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Modify the forum > Default view age: Show all threads (from dropdown)

2. No, if you have <b> in your old thread and the new one has HTML off (recommended) you will see it as text, we don't parse <b> to [b]

Comment

I just noticed this thread:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177625

I have no experience with this, but perhaps cleaner.php is something you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwestbrook
        Our old board allows HTML in posts, but the import doesn't do any translation. Is there a module or bit of code somewhere that I can use to translate the more common HTML into vb code reliably?Thanks for Impex and any help you can give.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleaner

Originally posted by tomwestbrook
        vb lite
        vb-lite
        volute
        bluet
        ablate
        Edit...
        Ignore all
        Add to dictionary
        I'm not sure what you mean here.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

1. Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Modify the forum > Default view age: Show all threads (from dropdown)
          Yes, though, I was wondering how to modify the code or default import values so that it was set at import time rather than having to manually set it for each forum.
          Last edited by tomwestbrook; Sat 1 Apr '06, 9:51am.
          LF Photo forum

Comment

This requires customizing the source code, we can't provide support for that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X