X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Thank you

For others that don't have MSSQL support in PHP I can convert access database to MySQL so you can follow the same process as Ocean44, just start a support ticket and ask.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    replied
    I was able to get this done and I wanted to post a follow-up for anybody trying to import from FuseTalk in a similar situation.

The way I got it done was:
    - Use MS Enterprise Manager to Export the MS SQL tables to Access on my local machine.
    - Convert the Access tables to MySQL.
    - Upload the tables to a blank MySQL database on the server running my vB forums.
    - Configure and then run ImpEx.

I was trying to import about 24,000 users and 250,000 posts, so I felt a lot more comfortable having the target and source on the same server.
    The FuseTalk importer is for version 4 and I had version 3 or something, so Jerry had me make a few files changes so the table names matched.

A huge Thank You to Jerry for ImpEx and the great support.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    replied
    You didn't, but I will right away.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I can't remember if I've asked can you start a support ticket and give remote access to the server so I can see what's happening in situ ?

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    replied
    OK, thanks.
    When I comment out line 49, it just comes back with:
    "Cannot find ImpExConfig.php, have you configured the file and renamed it ?"

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I'm trying to recreate this at the moment, in the mean time you could comment out line 49 in index.php.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    This is one of the reasons that ImpEx was designed to work stand alone, so that is a bug/error.

What version of windows, web server and PHP are you running on the server that you are getting that error on, as I'll try recreating it here.

Windows NT WEBA46 5.2 build 3790
    Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    PHP Version 4.4.1

Is there anything I can try in the meantime?

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    replied
    Those are:

Windows NT WEBA46 5.2 build 3790
    Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    PHP Version 4.4.1

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    This is one of the reasons that ImpEx was designed to work stand alone, so that is a bug/error.

What version of windows, web server and PHP are you running on the server that you are getting that error on, as I'll try recreating it here.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean44
    started a topic Impex MSSQL support trouble

Impex MSSQL support trouble

I am having a problem using impex to import from Fusetalk.

The source data resides in MSSQL on a server with PHP with MSSQL support. I can connect to this MSSQL database remotely.

My target vB forum is on a different server on a different host. The target does not have MSSQL support in PHP. I can not install MSSQL support on the target server so I get the "You do not have MSSQL support in this version/compile of php, the importer will not be able to connect to the source database." error when running impex.

Type of import
    The target is a dev server so it can be clean. After I get the data on the target server I plan to merge to an existing board. I will worry about that after I get just the data on the server.

Source board system and version.
    Fusetalk 3.1

Target version.
    3.5.2 with plugin patches

Module issue occurred on - none
    Any SQL error reported - none yet

I am wondering the best way to approach this.

I have tried installing impex as 'Stand alone' on the source server(no vB here), but I get this error when I go to impex/index.php:
    Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in D:\inetpub\xxxxxxxxxxx\impex\index.php on line 49
    Cannot find ImpExConfig.php, have you configured the file and renamed it ?

(I x'd out the domain above) ImpExConfig.php is present, configured and renamed.

Should I try a full install of vB on the source server to get the data into mysql? Would I have to buy another license to even do that?

Thanks for any help.

Joe
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X