SMF Import Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMF Import Error

I'm currently attempting to import a Simple Machines Forum Version 1.0 BETA 5 into Vbulletin 3.0.13 for a client of mine. The problem is that when we are attempting to import the forum (step 5) we get this error:

Invalid ImpExData object, skipping. Failed on : options

All of the other functions seem to work fine besides this one, can anyone shed some light as to what is going wrong?
    CarForums.net | WildPB.com

When did you download Impex? This is a bug that should be fixed in the version now available.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just downloaded it about 2 hours ago...

Comment

Please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Done

Comment

You are using version 1.28, right?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes I'm using the most up to date everything....I just downloaded the vbulletin package and the impex system less than 3 hours ago.

Comment

There are several bug reports about this in the Bug Tracker. At this time we will have to wait until The Devs can have a look at this and provide a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm having this issue as well. Is there an ETA on this? We are *very* pressed for time to get SMF converted over to VB and to get VB live.

I'm using version 1.0.5 of SMF by the way.

Comment

I have just tested the SMF importer with 1.29 and couldn't replicate the missing options error.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

BUmp....my tickets are still in there with all the answers you've asked. I really need to get this solved and get going, the guy I'm building this forum for is not happy about all of this and is really riding my ass about it.

Comment

I have no outstanding tickets. All I'm aware of is a PM issue that I'm trying to track down, waiting on some feed back in the bug tracker as I think its a table name change between versions in SMF.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

OK I fixed the PM issue with your advice, only thing left is passwords. If we can fix that, this is 100% successful.

Comment

So it was the table name, which version are you running ?

This is the backup plan for the passwords :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

In the SMF versions I've imported from the password has been stored as a straight MD5() so ImpEx can import them, if they are salted now there is no way of importing them as vBulletin uses md5( md5($password) + $salt) and $password needs to be either a plain string or already an md5() of a string.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

What does salted mean? Is there a way I can set the passwords as salted or unsalted on teh old software? I don't quite follow what you mean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X