Using ImpEx for archiving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using ImpEx for archiving?

I'm looking at trimming back some of our forums. I was wondering if it was possible to use ImpEx to move posts only from certain forum areas to a second archive-only (read-only) forum.

What we normally do is move our posts over six months old to "archive" forum areas, which are set up for read-only. (No new posts or threads, IOW.) That way, we don't have to individually lock hundreds of threads at a time, and we always encourage members to start new threads since, a lot of times, the thread content is stale and out of date. With this in mind, I was wondering if ImpEx allowed you to export posts only from specific forum areas, and then safely import them into a separate vB forum system (separate database) where they would be held read-only.

I know, I could set up ImpEx myself and play around with it, but
    with my occasional "senior moments", I don't want to risk anything or make a wrong choice while I'm "just testing".

impex is not for archive. It doesn't remove posts. and it is an all or nothing import.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X