Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner.php, timeout problems

Hi y'all !

I imported my old ipb 1.3.3 forum withouth big problems (except the one already asked in the troubleshooting forum). I wanted to use the cleaner.php file to make some wiping of the post's code.

Problem is, we've got more than 65k posts, and after a while the script stops running (I guess it's a run-time setting in the server, it simply runs out of time).

Is there any way to have cleaner.php parse chunks of the database at time ? like, i dunno, 35000 lines per cycle ?

I already tried to cut the array size, to do only one between post/sigs etc etc at time... but nothing is improving the run-time enough.

Thank you very much,

Stefano

To temporarily increase the time limit, edit your cleaner.php add this line right under the <?php line:

ini_set("max_execution_time", "240");
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found mine would keep on running, but get slower and slower as it ate all the memory and then started on a bigger and bigger swap file (900k posts ). In the end I did a quick and dirty re-write of cleaner.php to get it to run in small batches, something like the rest of the impex process. I could post it here if i'm allowed?

Comment

It's in the works to paginate cleaner.php and actually use SQL to sub string search the posts so only the ones that need cleaning are returned etc.

Against the rules to post modified code here, though you can email it to me to help out, my address is at the top of any of the ImpEx files, cheers
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

--- (edit) sorry, figured it out myself.
          Last edited by Omri Amos; Sat 30th Jun '12, 6:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X