phpBB2 to vbulletin 3.5.3 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB2 to vbulletin 3.5.3 help

I just installed vbulletin 3.5.3 and i am trying to import my old forum from phpbb2. i keep getting the following error :

Code:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: 
       SELECT user_id,username
       FROM sclc_users
       ORDER BY user_id
       LIMIT 0,25
    mysql error: Table 'sclc.sclc_users' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: Monday 06th 2006f February 2006 11:01:37 AM
    from what i can make of it (i'm a newb with mysql) is that there is no table named "sclc_users". i checked in mysql and i see "sclc_user" (no s). is there any easy way to fix this problem?

Either the source db name is wrong in your ImpExConfig.php file, or you need to add a table prefix - most likely: phpbb_
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok, i changed the table prefix and it was working, but now i can't log in using my username and password. is there someway of getting in. i didn't get to finish the import.

Comment

What happens when you try to log in?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

it says wrong username or password. i'm 100% positive i'm using the same username and password i was using before i imported. could i have overwritten the user??

its the admin account i set up while installing vbulletin.

Comment

Unfortunately that error is never wrong. Something happenedd to that username and/or password. What exactly did you do prior to this? Does your user show up on the forums memberlist?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

no, it doesn't show up. can i register and then upload tool.php and change admin to the user i just registered??

Comment

Yeah, you can do that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok, got in. i started importing some threads, and had to go somewhere. when i got back i went to log in to impex to finish, and when i enter my customer number, i get the following error:
                  Code:
                  Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
                   (output started at [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/"]\\\\Forum\impex\ImpExConfig.php:51)in[/URL] 
                  \impex\impexauth.php on line 21
                  i'm now confused again

Comment

This is almost certainly from a bad file upload. Reupload all the Impex files again. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i just re-uploaded everything, and now i get this:

Code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in 
                      \Forum\impex\impex_auth.php on line 97
                      i searched around and found out something about a "whitespace" problem. the problem i have, is that the impex_auth.php has only one line in it.
                      Last edited by blacklancer; Tue 7 Feb '06, 8:17am.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Interesting ..... there is no line 97 ...... and no spoon
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i got it all figured out. thanks a lot steve!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X