Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely new to this.....need all help possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely new to this.....need all help possible!

Well, were do I start......Alright, the guy that was in charge of our message forum, just up and left us in the dirt. We were with invision (he signed up with them and did the setting up) and it was hosted through me. (meaning I paid for the hosting) Anyways....long story short, i bought Vbulletin and since I am extremely new to this I have no clue what I am doing! I have tried using the impex for the last 2 hours and have came up with nothing at all!! I have tried following directions, but half the time i have no clue what it means and i am completly lost.......

Is there any easier directions out there......or what.....like I said I am very lost and extremely new to this......
    Last edited by blkbird; Sun 5 Feb '06, 4:55pm.

First things first.

Can you confirm that you still have the database with the IPB data in it?

and

Can you confirm that you have installed vBulletin 100% - do you have an up and running vBulletin 3.5.3 forum?

Comment

I have acces to all the files with invision through a network folder. No, i havent installedd vbulletin yet.....

Comment

the readme says to make of my source board.....what exactly is that?

Comment

Originally posted by blkbird
          I have acces to all the files with invision through a network folder. No, i havent installedd vbulletin yet.....
          The IPB files are not what you need. You need the IPB database.

Originally posted by blkbird
          the readme says to make of my source board.....what exactly is that?
          The source data is the IPB database info.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

where would I find that? I have access to all the files since i am paying for the hosting.

Comment

Is your IPB on the same server as vB? If so, you should see the IPB database info in their config file.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found the file.....now it should be easier to follow the directions

I havent installed VB on my server yet....should I do this before I use impex?

Comment

Yes, you need to install vB and Impex before you can import anything.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Alright

Comment

went to admin...clicked on import and this error came up...

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Comment

This means that the databae info you entered in your ImppExConfig.php file is wrong. You will need to doublecheck and fix this info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

now i am extremly lost here.....i copied everything from the invision config file into the place it said to.....

Comment

If you are importing from a database opposed to a file based system edit sourceexists = false to sourceexists = true.

would I say true to this?

Comment

That should be 'true'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X