vars_cats.cgi - NOT OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vars_cats.cgi - NOT OK

With my UBB 6.4 there is no "vars_cats.cgi" file. I believe from 6.5 it was used. Instead, I have a file in the /noncgi/ directory by the name of "categories.file". ImpEx looks specifically in the cgi-bin for the categories information.

This may have been the reason why 66 forums were imported, but only 14 (or so) showed up in CP and the forum. If I'm correct, none of the (14) forums were attached to any category. I've reset the counters in "Maintanence" to reflect any changes made, but it didn't work. What can I do to resolve this issue?
    Last edited by Freesteyelz; Mon 30 Jan '06, 10:25pm.

Update:

I tried to edit Impex/systems/005.php so that the categories.file was pointed to but with no success. So I've renamed the categories.file to vars_cats.cgi and placed in from the noncgi to the cgi-bin directory. Although the module for the categories was listed as "OK", I won't know the result until I complete the import and Maintanence "counters".

I'll reply with an update soon. If anyone has suggestions in the meantime please send them my way.

Comment

The cats file changed names a few times from what I can remember, ImpEx trys to find 3 variations of them.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry:

I figured that ImpEx would do that but it seemed content on looking primarily in the cgi-bin directory for the vars_cats.cgi file. Here is the latest update:

By changing categories.file to vars_cats.cgi and placing it in the cgi-bin I've managed to get the Categories imported. I also got the forums imported too. The strange thing is that now only one forum shows up with threads and posts...The other forums all show 0. Setting the counters didn't work either. However, ImpEx showed that all were imported...Or so it seemed.

Prior to this latest trial the forums showed the same number of threads and posts. The threads were locked too. I saw the fix that you posted for SQL in another thread but when I tried doing that in Maintanence I didn't have access to it. I'm content on importing the data over to vB as it has been done many a time by members here.

Is there anything that I can do to import my UBB 6.4 to vB 3.5.3 successfully?

Comment

Originally posted by Freesteyelz
          Hi Jerry:

I figured that ImpEx would do that but it seemed content on looking primarily in the cgi-bin directory for the vars_cats.cgi file. Here is the latest update:

By changing categories.file to vars_cats.cgi and placing it in the cgi-bin I've managed to get the Categories imported. I also got the forums imported too. The strange thing is that now only one forum shows up with threads and posts...The other forums all show 0. Setting the counters didn't work either. However, ImpEx showed that all were imported...Or so it seemed.

Prior to this latest trial the forums showed the same number of threads and posts. The threads were locked too. I saw the fix that you posted for SQL in another thread but when I tried doing that in Maintanence I didn't have access to it. I'm content on importing the data over to vB as it has been done many a time by members here.

Is there anything that I can do to import my UBB 6.4 to vB 3.5.3 successfully?
          Edit your includes/config.php file to allow yourself to run SQL.

If ImpEx thinks it imported it all though its not showing any where after the import, its usual that the parent id's are missing from the forums.

Do you have phpMyAdmin or another database tool on your server ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thank you for the information :

Yes, I do have phpMyAdmin. I'm not familiar with it but the utility does seem straight forward. I've also set the id in the includes/config.php and I now can access SQL in vB. Will I be setting the forum id's through either console?

Comment

Here's the latest update:

I re-did the ImpEx modules couple more times and now the posts show up...All except in one forum. For some odd reason there are no posts shown but I didn't receive any error during the import. So it seems that the parent id's for all but one of the forums imported correctly. I wonder if re-running the modules again will help?

I seem to have run into a few more obstacles too. Images that show up as text or raw HTML codes are: 1) Signatures 2) Most post images that were imported and 3) Smilies that were supposed to be imported but were not. The signatures and post images were made with BB codes (e.g., [img][/img]) and came from different source points. The smilies, differed however, as it shows the relative path. As for the smilies they come from the same source point.

============

Source Forum: UBB 6.4
              Target Forum: vBulletin 3.5.3
              Type: Fresh vB install
              MySQL: 4.0.25-standard

If you require any other information please let me know.

Comment

Another update (I hope that's ok?):

The Positives:
                Before the (latest) import attempt, I renamed the UBB forums I didn't want in vB. When I ran the ImpEx Forums, Threads and Posts modules I think they all imported successfully. I just set a SQL query to unlock the threads as well. I changed the permissions of the imported user group so that they are viewable in the Members list.

The Questionable Positives:
                The signatures were also removed this time around which I found interesting. One of the issues were the broken images and because each user has to re-define their signature (with [img][/img] allowed), that resolves that issue. I think...

The Not-So Positives:
                My smilies from UBB didn't import. So now all smilies that were posted are now in text form. The paths to the directory is correct. Here is an example of how they are displayed now:

Code:
                [img]graemlins/happy_angel_harp1.gif[/img]
                All of the smilies point to the same local directory. Is there a command I can enter in the SQL query to resolve this issue?

Comment

You need a full path, not relitive.

Comment

Hi Zachery,

Yup...I figured that I did but I didn't know how to go about it. Do you know the SQL entry or other method?

Comment

This will help :
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleaner
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thank you, Jerry.

I've ran the cleaner.php and it caught quite a bit of posts that needed to be corrected. It auto-ran which was very convenient. The relative paths for the smilies I used in UBB 6.4 still show up as text, however, so I've sent in a support ticket to see if I can change it through SQL.

Once I finish setting the functional components I'll start editing the templates as I normally would do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X