Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWilliams
    replied
    Thanks for the replies, and thanks Jerry for your help. I am so ready to get converted :-)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by BWilliams
    Let me ask this then:

Is it possible to get all my settings done, such as the options in the ACP, group settings, add modifications wanted and THEN run the impex?
    Yes, you can doi this. Impex will not overwrite any of your settings or modifications.

Leave a comment:

• BWilliams
    replied
    Let me ask this then:

Is it possible to get all my settings done, such as the options in the ACP, group settings, add modifications wanted and THEN run the impex? I have search around and can not find the correct answer as to if the impex is REQUIRED to be ran 1st and then modifications.
    I think I already know the answer after making that post. Doesn't the impex clear that database? If that's the case, then all table created with mods would be wiped out, right?

Leave a comment:

• BWilliams
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    The problem is the section in bold. You should either do the whole import at once, or you will need to delete all the 'old' data from the source forums and do another import with only the new data.
    Let me ask this then:

Is it possible to get all my settings done, such as the options in the ACP, group settings, add modifications wanted and THEN run the impex? I have search around and can not find the correct answer as to if the impex is REQUIRED to be ran 1st and then modifications.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    My plan is to do a fresh install of VB3, fresh import using Impex, get all my settings in place and then mod the site up like I want it and then go back and locked down my other forum and rerun impex to get all the most current posts/users/PM's Etc.
    The problem is the section in bold. You should either do the whole import at once, or you will need to delete all the 'old' data from the source forums and do another import with only the new data.

Leave a comment:

• BWilliams
    started a topic ? on multiple imports

? on multiple imports

I have a couple questions regarding doing an import using the Impex Tool.

I have went though it several times on my test board and have it down pretty well. What an awesome tool, and ya gotta love the cleaner.php script !!!

The main question I have is that I would like to have the new forum/site all setup prior to going live. There are SEVERAL mods/plugins that I would like to integrate and want to know what the easiest way to do it.

My plan is to do a fresh install of VB3, fresh import using Impex, get all my settings in place and then mod the site up like I want it and then go back and locked down my other forum and rerun impex to get all the most current posts/users/PM's Etc.

Is this possible? If so, what are the proper steps?

Thanks, BWilliams
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X