Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impex Issue. User ID?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Impex Issue. User ID?

    Ok, not only is this my first post but my first foum build as well.

    Im impexing from vb 3.0.3 to 3.5.2.
    I did a fresh install of 3.5.2 then impexed over form old db.
    Msgl Version is 4.0.25-standard


    When i import the users over to the newer VB, thier user ids are out of this world. Let me explain. I have roughlty 17000 users. And my user id after the impex is now 140,000. WTF. I must say that i have deleted my sessions and all imported data several time...

    When i go to accosiate there isnt any options except to accosciate by uder id. I not know what to do. ANy info would be great.

    When explaining, please understand i am new to this. Thanks in advance.


  • #2
    As you reimported, the userids would have been raised by 17000 each time. If you imported 8-9 times in all it could easily be that the counter is at 140'000.

    That shouldn't bother you though, as the userid is only used internally and doesn't affect your forum.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

    Please don't contact me per PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Colin F
      As you reimported, the userids would have been raised by 17000 each time. If you imported 8-9 times in all it could easily be that the counter is at 140'000.

      That shouldn't bother you though, as the userid is only used internally and doesn't affect your forum.
      Understandable. However i swear it goes up on its own. I had to change the user id in the config file after an impex and then again a day later even though i didnt reimpex.

      In saying all that is there anyway to reset these ids without starting a new db?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jmaldo
        Understandable. However i swear it goes up on its own. I had to change the user id in the config file after an impex and then again a day later even though i didnt reimpex.

        In saying all that is there anyway to reset these ids without starting a new db?
        ImpEx tried to reset the internal counter of the user table ever time you run the import if it can or is allowed. If the number rise like this is because it can't.

        I would suggest reinstalling vBulletin and taking a back up so you can restore to your pre import stage.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jerry
          ImpEx tried to reset the internal counter of the user table ever time you run the import if it can or is allowed. If the number rise like this is because it can't.

          I would suggest reinstalling vBulletin and taking a back up so you can restore to your pre import stage.
          I was affriad you were going to say that..
          Thanks for your help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jmaldo
            I was affriad you were going to say that..
            Thanks for your help.
            Unless its a fresh install then you can manually reset it if you have direct access to the database, though it involves deleting all the users, backing up the 1 admin user, truncating the usertables, then putting the admin user back in and creating back entries in the other usertables.

            It's doable, just not that straight forward.
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X