Help! Yahoo Groups to VBulletin 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Yahoo Groups to VBulletin 3.5

Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

I've gotten all of the posts from the Yahoo Groups into a MS Access database using PG Offline...

But I am having trouble getting it from MS Access format to VBulletin.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Larry

Can you explain what the trouble is ?

Is ImpEx importing anything from the source access database ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Is any of these useful?
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161443
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
        Most of that thread is about the raw text file importer for yahoo.

The advised route is

PG Offline (access) converted to -> MySQL Imported -> ImpEx into -> vBulletin.

Where the access database is converted into MySQL (I can do that on request) then the MySQL database is restored on the same server as the vBulletin database and used as the source for ImpEx.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Do all the posts go in as one username?
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
            Do all the posts go in as one username?
            No as what ever the name that is stored with the original email.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry

The advised route is

Where the access database is converted into MySQL (I can do that on request) then the MySQL database is restored on the same server as the vBulletin database and used as the source for ImpEx.
              Jerry,

I would be interested in you helping me with this...

There must be something that I am missing here...

I have PG Offline (access) and have tried to convert it via MySql into ImpEx, but am not having any luck.

What would be the best way for us to communicate?

I can be reached via my website www.larryseyer.com or you can contact me via email at vbulletin (at) larryseyer.com

Thank you very much for the help.

Best to you!

Larry

Comment

The best thing to do, is start a support ticket from your members area then we can assist you there and keep all the details and communication in one place.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post

The advised route is

Are you still available for converting from PG Offline/mdb from yahoo to MySQL? I've been trying to figure out how to do that without much luck... the shareware/freeware converters only do 10 'records' at a time and with thousands of 'records' it would take forever and ever (that and I *really* don't want to shell out what the full program price is for a one shot deal...)

Comment

Originally posted by Eq4Bits View Post
                    Are you still available for converting from PG Offline/mdb from yahoo to MySQL? I've been trying to figure out how to do that without much luck... the shareware/freeware converters only do 10 'records' at a time and with thousands of 'records' it would take forever and ever (that and I *really* don't want to shell out what the full program price is for a one shot deal...)
                    Yes, open a support ticket, and ask for me saying you need a access to MySQL conversion for an import, reference this post as well.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X