Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple first step questions, little tutoring needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple first step questions, little tutoring needed.

Hello,

I have a couple quick questions.

First, I do not have my initial vBulletin board set up yet.

I am running an Invision Power Board 1.3 board currently that I wish to import to the new vBulletin.

I believe that I should first test the importer with test data. Where exactly do I put this test data, and in what format. Do I simply make a backup of my IPB database, and import the .sql database file somewhere, or do I need to restore the database in some place? I'm a computer engineer, but right now I feel so stupid. I just need a few pushes in the right direction.

Secondly,
    After I test the importer and of course find that I am able to do it correctly, how do I get rid of that test board or test data and do it all over for the actual most current data? What is the easist more preferred method?

Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks for all your help.

1. Install vB and Impex the do the import.

2. After you are sure it works okay, you can rerun install.php aand empty the database to start off fresh.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I didn't mean to double post. I felt my questions did not fit into one specific category and wanted to make sure I posted each question in the right place. Again, sorry.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X