Import: Memberlist only showing Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import: Memberlist only showing Administrator

Well generally the import from phpBB to vBulletin was a success. But numerous members have been sending me emails saying how they pm people. Now If I log on with the user Administrator which I used to set the forum up to begin with (fresh install) I get the pm link and all.

But when I click on the memberlist: http://www.cnguild.net/boards/memberlist.php

It only as you can see shows Administrator and not the other members, this I think is stopping them from getting the pm permissions.

How can I correct the memberlist in a safe way that will not in anyway lose / disrupt data?

There are two options you need to check to set whether or not members are viewable on memberlist:

1. By usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit -> Usergroup Options -> Viewable on the Memberlist -> Yes

2. By post count:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Minimum Posts
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for this Steve, this has now fixed the memberlist.

However the problem still arises that members underneath this for example dont get the pm note:

Welcome, Woundedveins.
      You last visited: Today at 06:15 PM

Whereas on Administrator I get:

Welcome, Administrator.
      You last visited: Today at 06:54 PM
      Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.

Comment

Make sure their usergroup has PM permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

omg they didnt, was in the same bit, thanks for this. At least it was resolved very simply. Cya.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            There are two options you need to check to set whether or not members are viewable on memberlist:

1. By usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit -> Usergroup Options -> Viewable on the Memberlist -> Yes

2. By post count:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Minimum Posts
            I was having the same issue, so I tried that and I get:
            Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Comment

Please start you own thread with all the relevant info. Those steps have nothing to do with your reported error.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X