Importing/exporting users every semester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing/exporting users every semester

Howdy all, I've wandered around the forums and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. What I'm aiming to do is import a bunch for student names from a text file of some sort into the vbulletin software. They will have specified usernames, passwords, and email addresses. The impex software looks like what I need. From what I can understand of the online manual it looks like its for importing from other forum software systems. I've got the impex installed and it shows up in my admincp, but i don't know what file format or fields I'm supposed to have in the text file.

The ultimate goal will be to mass import/export(deleting will also work) student names each semester. Should I be using impex for this?

I haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try the impex and see what happened.

I have import as an option in the cpanel with txtfile as the import option. I hit begin import at it brings me to check update database or import user. i hit check/update database cause it's the first option. it wants a file name so i put in f:\test\forum.csv. then the following shows up and does nothing for a long time. I'm only bringing in 300 id's and the vb forums only have about 10 posts total in them right now. am i doing something wrong?

Altering tables
    ImpEx will now Alter the tables in the vB database to include import id numbers.
    If you have large tables (i.e. lots of posts) this can take some time.

They will also be left after the import if you need to link back to the origional vB userid.

moderator - importmoderatorid OK
    usergroup - importusergroupid OK
    ranks - importrankid OK
    poll - importpollid OK
    forum - importforumid OK
    forum - importcategoryid OK
    user - importuserid OK
    style - importstyleid OK
    thread - importthreadid OK
    post - importthreadid OK
    thread - importforumid OK
    smilie - importsmilieid OK
    pmtext - importpmid OK
    customavatar - importcustomavatarid OK
    customprofilepic - importcustomprofilepicid OK
    post - importpostid OK
    attachment - importattachmentid OK
    pm - importpmid OK

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X