Impex Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex Questions

Hi, I recently purchased vBulletin 3.5.2 along with shared server space on a new web host. The main idea was to move my entire forums from my current host to the new host. My forums are currently running phpBB 2.0.13.

This is the situation now - I have installed vBulletin & Impex on my new web host, and am all set to import the forum data. I backed up my old forum to an SQL file that is more than 350 megs huge.

Now, the problem I have is, I am unsure as to what to do with the data. Using Impex, I am unable to remotely connect to my old server to retrieve the data, so my only option is to upload the backed up database to my new web host, using FTP. However, after uploading the data, what should I do with it? I have already created a new database using MySQL - do I dump the old data into this database? If so, how do I go about doing this?

I apologize if my question sounds stupid. I'm something of a newbie to PHP, although it's challenging and somewhat fun. I appreciate any assistance from you guys.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

You need to restore the phpBB backup to a fresh db on this server. The only reliable method of restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X