Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things went wrong on final import

DCForum+ 1.27 > vBulletin 3.5.2

After doing a few successfull tests I did the final import, and got lots of emails that this was wrong and that was wrong...

Firstly, the dates of the imported posts were wrong...all had 2004 not 2005 for the year.

Next, we had four main forums each with a number of child forums. The result was that everything came under one forum meaning the parents were now children and the children were grandchildren. How?

To see this look at www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/index.php
    You will that the four 'parent' forums are now in capital letters to differentiate them, and their sub forums are under them. Yet each 'parent' is hyperlinked and just leads to a sub forum page with their children in them. This is duplication.

All forums are under 'No one' in the Admin CP.

How do I create a forum that is not under 'No one' so I can create a structure like the vBulletin support where the four parent forums have the dark background and only the forum title? I can then move the children into those.

Bob

You can edit the nonone forums and move them below a category.

You can also make a new category and then do the above.

Comment

'No one' is the parent of *all* forums. I cannot move it, and cannot find out how to create a new forum above it. It is at the top of the hierarchial drop down list when you create a new forum, and go to the drop down list alongside 'Parent forum'.

Bob

Comment

You can modify 1 forum, there is a dropdown there where you can select another forum to link it below.

Comment

I cannot see where to do what you suggest. See the attached jpegs that show what I have said above. I now have lots of emails coming in about problems, I have had to shut the board and revert to the old one.

Some of the problems:

Posts dated 2004 instead of 2005
          Posts missing
          Users unable to login after resetting password.

Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X