Need help going from YaBB 1.3.2 to 3.5.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help going from YaBB 1.3.2 to 3.5.2

For the most part the import goes well..

However, I am having 2 major problems..

1. Rogue Posts.. This is my main concern.. After import I'll have some posts that show the original users name as the poster, but won't allow you to click the name and view the profile of that poster because in conversion, it never linked to that user..

What is happening is this.. If a user registers as Bob... and logs in as Bob, makes a post.. Bob will be saved in the thread..

If he logs in the next say as bob and not Bob, then bob gets saved into the post..

When the import happens, it will not link the posts by bob to the Bob account.

How can I make the import here non case-sensitive? I have already spent some time looking at the import files trying to come up with a solution.

2.. Private messages.. After I import, I get tons of errors when I try to view my private message saying windows cannot calculate or view dates before 1970. I also happen to have hundereds of extra PM's in my sentbox that I know shouldn't be there.

Thanks!

YaBB SE or Gold ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.2!

Right from the forum.

Comment

So its the file version.

You could force all the names to lower case during the import, or alter impex so it only searches on lower case names.

If you feel like editing some files I could explain how to do it ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yea, I'm a programmer as well..

I just new to your impex scripting..

I think a global fix in the get_username_to_ids function may help with the import of the PM's as well as link the threads to users better..

but would then break all of your other imports..

However you would like me to tackle it is fine...

My plan of attack is to alter impex..

I would imagine the problem exists on yabb gold 1.3.1 as well. I have written many script mods for yabb and I know this very issue would exist on 1.3.1 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus_dx
            I think a global fix in the get_username_to_ids function may help with the import of the PM's as well as link the threads to users better..

but would then break all of your other imports..
            It wouldn't be a fix, it would be a hack to compensate for YaBB, though you can alter your install to do it.

In ImpExDatabase_350.php line 2996 :

Change :

PHP Code:
            $username["$user[username]"] = $user['userid']; 
            to

PHP Code:
            $tempname strtolower($user['username']);
            $username[$tempname] = $user['userid']; 
            Then line 125 of , impex/systems/yabb_gold/007.php

PHP Code:
            $try->set_value('mandatory''userid'$user_name_array["$post_details[username]"]); 
            to

PHP Code:
            $tempname strtolower($post_details['username']);
            $try->set_value('mandatory''userid'$user_name_array[$tempname]); 
            That will force the look up array and the incomming username to lower case.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry, thanks for that information.. It worked absolutely perfectly..

I'm trying to apply the same technique now to the private message import.. Any pointers? There's a lot more username references in there.. so far I am not doing to well in regards to finding the right combination.

Thanks again!

Comment

Ok, one last question..

I still can't get the PM dates fixed...

If anyone views their profile and has PM's.. they will get this error up top.. twice for every PM they have..

Warning: date(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in \includes\functions.php on line 2840

I'm not concerned with saving the dates.. although if that is possible I'm ok with it..

But I can't figure out what table in the database the dates are stored in..

Any chance you might have the SQL command needed to just reset the dates to something generic?

Thanks!

Comment

Ok, found it..

It was the dateline column of pmtext.. weird name though, dateline??

I just reset it to todays date and everything is fixed!

you can view the import here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/

thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X