The import system not showing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The import system not showing.

So i got my vBulletin board set up, downloaded Impex, edited the config from target database and source database. Uploaded necessary files - phpBB in system folder, and the xml.

But I dont see anything in the administration panel about Import > Import.

What have I done wrong?

Where did you install the Impex files?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To the main directory - it says to install them in same directory as admincp - does that mean in the same folder, or inside admincp folder itself?

And are you meant to do something with the xml file, i had vbulletin ages ago and remember having to do something with that, but I tried adding a plugin? and it just says file unspecified etc etc..
      Last edited by Rajaxx; Wed 7 Dec '05, 2:43am.

Comment

You install Impex in your main forum directory. Please read the online Impex import instructions here:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

Also please view the 'After the Import' instructions here:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok so now I have this in my vbulletin admin cp. I run through the install from phpBB 2.0.17 to latest vBulletin but when I run every module I go to the forum index and nothing.

I deleted the default forum before import, however I had to add a forum for the others to show, and the thread / post information was not there. Also I noticed this last time I had vbulletin and imported, why does it import my username with (imported_) infront of it? It only happens on my name..

Comment

Save the forum display in the forum manager to rebuild the forum cache.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This is getting worrying.

I install Impex to the right location.
              Delete the default forum on installation.
              Start the import, run through each module.
              Go to maintenance and update counters, however some of my threads are missing from there forums. It says 28 threads on one forum, it has 4 showing. Whats the cause of this? Gonna clear it and keep trying but its confusing.

Comment

You default display time.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X