Merging users after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging users after import

After I imported phpBB forum I merged one user tommy with imported_tommy. That wne fine, at least thats what I thought.

I just noticed that some threads/posts are still listed as imported_tommy?

Whats is the easiest way to solve that issue?
    Best Regards Tommy

Most likely the way you merged them, merging tommy with imported_tommy and imported_tommy with tommy are two different things.

Though I take it, "tommy" is the user that is left ?

On the posts for imported_tommy can you click the username and get to the user profile ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The destination user was tommy.

When I clicked on the id I got the profile for anonymous.

Also all the posts that had user imported_tommy as poster name where completely empty. The reply count and vioew count where there but when clicking on the thread it was completely empty. I did not get any kind of error messages during the import.

I have now decided to start a completely new import. Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time.

For some reason the impex delete session and data did not work so I had to reinstall the database too.

... A reimport seems to have solved the problem.
      Best Regards Tommy

Comment

The user id's must of been out of synch for some reason, good to know its ok now.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X