Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing, couple questions please

Ok

I on my 2nd "trial" install/import from IPB 1.3 now and i would say i got it all sorted 99% ok, but just one problem, and couple other queries if possible?

-Polls all fail impex with "Poll imported but not attached to thread" errors
    -When asked for path to avatars / uploads / attachments is that the path to old source IPB? If so, is it only used for the import and not after? (as after import successful i plan on deleting all old folders of IPB)

Other than that imports been working pretty much fine in my trail runs, seems forums all muddled up and groups etc, but hey nothing a couple hours of admin cant sort

Permission to bump,
    As i doing the live switch tonight later, would appriecate clarification on those.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to this. Hopefully Jerry will be by soon to answer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_Lee
        -Polls all fail impex with "Poll imported but not attached to thread" errors
        For the IPB1.3 importer that can mean two things, either what it says or that the votes wern't imported correctly. Have you checked the source board, are they there ?

-When asked for path to avatars / uploads / attachments is that the path to old source IPB? If so, is it only used for the import and not after?
        For the source, and yes the data is copied to vBulletin so you can remove the IPB data once the import is done. Remember to copy over any icon images to vBulletin as well.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Excellent thanks for that Jerry, no idea whats wrong with polls, alls fine on source, but if thats the only problem with an import can probably live with it for now.

Comment

Excellent thanks for that Jerry, no idea whats wrong with polls, alls fine on source, but if thats the only problem with an import can probably live with it for now.
            So they arn't showing up at all in the target ?

If you can give me a mysqldump of your IPB board I can check out what is going on with that.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Sorry to jump in your thread professor lea.

I am having the same problem with importing ipb v1.3 the poll data is falling to import. Have tried it a number of times now with no success. Everything else except one thing has worked a treat.

Once all the imported data is bought in the VB, when you view the newly imported VB forum the members it shows it up empty except for the admin account, is there a cleen up script I have forgotten to run ?
              Last edited by Hamalicious; Fri 18 Nov '05, 4:36pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamalicious
                Once all the imported data is bought in the VB, when you view the newly imported VB forum the members it shows it up empty except for the admin account, is there a cleen up script I have forgotten to run ?
                You have forgotten to sort out the usergroups and either delete your main usergroup or set the permission of the imported group to allow them to be displayed on the members list.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thanks jerry I will give that a go

Comment

Originally posted by Hamalicious
                    thanks jerry I will give that a go
                    User groups
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                      So they arn't showing up at all in the target ?

If you can give me a mysqldump of your IPB board I can check out what is going on with that.
                      The polls show up in threads and still have the percentages of results but shows all users as having never voted, so assume they can vote again. which isnt the and of the world as only about 9 polls on my whole site and there all off-topic...

My database is rather large to the point of it has difficulty dumping fully from current hosts (hence the move to new hosting) i can do the voters/polls section if it helps, but i say i not overly bothered regards this on my site, but understand you may wish to see whats up anyhow.

Comment

If there was any way of getting hold of the database I would really like to check it out as getting an importer as close to 100% as possible is always a goal
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X