Post Import = PM Totals Incorrect for users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Import = PM Totals Incorrect for users

during the import i deced not to import the PMs... well now i have users asking where all these PM they should have are. is there a way to tell vB to get the actual accurate totals? i updated every counter i could find, but the problem still exists.

follow up... if i Delete All Of Users Private Messages, that fixes the problem. is this command possible to be done for every user all at once?
    Last edited by GearTripper; Wed 16th Nov '05, 10:06am.

To delete ALL PM's you can do this :

Code:
    TRUNCATE pm;
    TRUNCATE pmreceipt;
    TRUNCATE pmtext;
    That will wipe out all of them for everyone.

Code:
    UPDATE user SET pmtotal=0 , pmunread=0;
    That will set all the PM counters for ALL the users to 0.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Execute SQL Query =
      An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
      error number: 1064
      error desc: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ';
      TRUNCATE pmreceipt;
      TRUNCATE pmtext' at line 1
      so i went to try from within phpmyadmin... no error reports and a final result of Affected rows: 166 (Query took 0.0404 sec). no problems reported from the users thus far. thnx.

Comment

on a side note... as soon as i finished this, my forums have become noticeably faster... like way faster with twice as many people currently online then when it was slow. would this have fixed something? also, could any other database tables be "cleaned" in order to speed things up anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
          on a side note... as soon as i finished this, my forums have become noticeably faster... like way faster with twice as many people currently online then when it was slow. would this have fixed something? also, could any other database tables be "cleaned" in order to speed things up anymore?
          Not really, not with out removing vital data.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

what if you had this problem, and did not want to delete everyones PM's

I know for a fact that in vB, it's says up at the top where I am logged in that I have 38 PM's.....but in the PM stats, I show up as having 171 PM's.

How would you update the PM counters?

Comment

Originally posted by 98EXL
              what if you had this problem, and did not want to delete everyones PM's

I know for a fact that in vB, it's says up at the top where I am logged in that I have 38 PM's.....but in the PM stats, I show up as having 171 PM's.

How would you update the PM counters?
              Is this after an import ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                Is this after an import ?
                yes sir

Comment

yes sir
                  From which source, as each system should recount the PM totals for each user at the end of the module.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

3.5.3 to 3.5.3

Comment

3.5.3 to 3.5.3
                      Can you re-run the PM import module as the vB3 importer recounts them once it has imported them, is it the diffrence between read and unread PM's ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X