Land Down Under CMS Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Down Under CMS Import

I run a tech site , in the first it was more like a hobby but now i really want to raise the level .

I use the cms LDU or Land Down Under , http://www.neocrome.net/ ,
    it's a great cms but the only thing that lacks of features is the forum .
    I want to use vbulletin forum , but i really want to transfer my current users and forums posts to the vbulletin system . Well the forum posts and users are not many (about 450 posts and 70 users ) but i don't want to start over .
    Could you please add ldu to the Import System ? I don't want to trasfer all the things such as pages , links etc only the users and posts . Things such as pms or avatars or signature don't really bother me if they don't trasfer , the important are the posts and the users (username , password , email , are pretty enough)

i have attached a txt with the sql commands for the ldu database .

btw this is my site so you can understand better what i have and what i want to do .
    I am one step from buying vbulletin but i want to see this import first .
    I know many people that they would like to see this . just check neocrome's forums

Regards Tefra
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tefra; Mon 30 Apr '07, 12:33am.

I would need a mysqldump of the full database to be able to write the importer, most people do that, host it, then PM me the URL to download it.

I had a quick look over the neocrome site and couldn't find that much vBulletin interest, could you point a few out ? thanks.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i don't want to become pushing , but will be ldu import if yes there is an ETA or something ? Because i would really like to move my site to vbulletin very soon is there any easy manual way or something like that to do it myself ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tefra
        i don't want to become pushing , but will be ldu import if yes there is an ETA or something ? Because i would really like to move my site to vbulletin very soon is there any easy manual way or something like that to do it myself ?

Thanks
        It is all based on the demand, currently there is one vote and I can't find anyone else who wants it :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100464
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ok , then i'll try to bring some people to vote but .....
          there is any way to do it manully the import ?
          it won't be too much difficult for me as my site is still very small

Comment

I am interested as well, would love to convert my site farstarians.com over.

Comment

I am still very interested, and would pay if need be.

Comment

Yeah, this would be useful, and I know a lot of users on neocrome.net that would be happy if you did this Tom.

Comment

actually i would like to see that. too but correct me if I am wrong the inportter system will import all users righ? then after that they have to regsiter on vbulletin and the user systen found in ldu will be obsolete,and they can use there user name on the ldu and vbulletin

Comment

<Financial offers are not allowed on these forums>

Comment

Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918

You can try posting in the Service Requests forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X