• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impex failed phpbb 2.0.17 import

Clean Import
    Source - phpbb 2.0.17
    Target - vBulletin 3.5.1
    Module - all but 013 ran, no errors except a couple polls showed FAILED
    No mySQL errors at all, no other errors of any kind.

Impex output:
    001 Check and update database 19 0 1 sec(s)
    002 Associate Users 0 0 0 sec(s)
    003 Import usergroup 38 0 1 sec(s)
    004 Import user 3027 0 36 sec(s)
    005 Import banlist 3 0 1 sec(s)
    006 Import forum 60 0 3 sec(s)
    007 Import thread 18050 0 1 min(s)
    008 Import smilie 42 0 1 sec(s)
    009 Import post 260022 0 17 min(s)
    010 Import poll 244 13 1 min(s)
    011 Import Private messages 10740 0 1 min(s)
    012 Import rank 71 0 2 sec(s)
    013 Import attachment 0 0 1 sec(s)
    Totals: 292316 13 22.68 min(s)

Here is what the board says after this was done:
    Threads: 0, Posts: 0, Members: 3,026, Active Members: 0
    Welcome to our newest member, wraith [edit: link to board removed]

Nevermind, looks like I forgot "The End Game".

Will report back shortly.

Comment

The End Game solved the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Actually, it did screw up. It imported all my ranks as usergroups. In addition it imported my ranks as User Ranks.

In phpbb2 there are some ranks considered "special ranks", those are post count independant and assigned by the admin to individual users. The special ranks were imported as User Ranks with 0 posts required.

However, all my users now show titles (Junior Member, Senior Member, etc.) and not their old phpbb2 ranks in threads. This is actually a bummer in a couple ways. I can certainly manually edit the vB titles to reflect my old phpbb ranks based on postcount. But I can't possibly go through a few hundred users who had individual "special ranks" that were assigned over the years and fix them all manually. Any suggestions?

I don't quite get the difference between vB user titles and user ranks. Is it just that one can use an image and the other can't?
        Last edited by Sculli; Sat 5 Nov '05, 12:53am.

Comment

Ya, that happened to me to so at the end I didn't import ranks.

Originally posted by Sculli
          Actually, it did screw up. It imported all my ranks as usergroups. In addition it imported my ranks as User Ranks.

In phpbb2 there are some ranks considered "special ranks", those are post count independant and assigned by the admin to individual users. The special ranks were imported as User Ranks with 0 posts required.
          DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

Well, after some more fiddling. I am not sure what to say. I am happy there is an impex that will allow to import the users, threads, posts, PMs, user groups.

My board has 38 private user groups that have access to their private forum. Reapplying the permissions to their forum and group was a bit of a pain to be honest. I don't really blame impex for that, the usergroup and forum permission page in the admincp seems clunky, or I am just not doing it right.

Comment

Permissions have to be reset for all imports and ImpEx can't map from 72 systems into vBulletin perfectly, its just part of the import process.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X