Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Username collisions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Username collisions...

    I've got 2 large boards that I want to merge... is there a Query I can run that will pull the user id's and emails from the 2 databases and sort them based on matching emails?

    I think I said that right...

  • #2
    Username collisions...

    What happens in the event of a username collision? To me it would make sense if the impex system would automagically associate users with the same username/email address..

    Comment


    • #3
      Most ImpEx systems when importing give you the option to merge the users based on email address.
      I wrote ImpEx.

      Blog | Me

      Comment


      • #4
        Never on username, if a dupe username is found "imported_" is prepended, users are merged on email.

        Please keep to one thread.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jerry
          Most ImpEx systems when importing give you the option to merge the users based on email address.
          vBulletin -> vBulletin

          I dont see an option to merge based on emails
          Last edited by runuo.com; Fri 28th Oct '05, 10:35am.

          Comment


          • #6
            When you get tot he import user module you get asked :

            Originally posted by impex
            Would you like to associated imported users with existing users if the email address matches ?
            Click yes.
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jerry
              When you get tot he import user module you get asked :



              Click yes.
              Nice

              I didnt see that... thanks for the help there...

              the only other thing I've noticed...

              ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL:
              INSERT INTO usergroup
              (
              importusergroupid, title, description,
              usertitle, passwordexpires, passwordhistory,
              pmquota, pmsendmax, pmforwardmax,
              opentag, closetag, canoverride,
              ispublicgroup, forumpermissions, pmpermissions,
              calendarpermissions, wolpermissions, adminpermissions,
              genericpermissions, genericoptions, attachlimit,
              avatarmaxwidth, avatarmaxheight, avatarmaxsize,
              profilepicmaxwidth, profilepicmaxheight, profilepicmaxsize
              )
              VALUES
              (
              '1',
              'Unregistered / Not Logged In',
              '',
              'Guest',
              '0',
              '0',
              '50',
              '0',
              '0',
              '',
              '',
              '0',
              '0',
              '659463',
              '0',
              '32',
              '1',
              '0',
              '50331649',
              '8',
              '0',
              '80',
              '80',
              '20000',
              '100',
              '100',
              '65535'
              )


              mysql error: Unknown column 'pmforwardmax' in 'field list'

              mysql error number: 1054

              Date: Friday 28th of October 2005 02:49:58 PM
              Looking at the two databases:

              Production:
              | pmsendmax | smallint(5) unsigned | | | 5 |
              | maxforwardpm | smallint(6) unsigned | | | 5 |
              | pmquota | smallint(5) unsigned | | | 0 | |

              Import:
              | pmquota | smallint(5) unsigned | | | 0 | |
              | pmsendmax | smallint(5) unsigned | | | 5 |
              | pmforwardmax | smallint(5) unsigned | | | 5 |

              This is a tad concerning... The Production databse has different tables than the one I'm importing... is this because the Production database was at one time a beta board for 3.5.0 Beta?

              Comment


              • #8
                Fixed that...

                Now I ran into this:

                ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SELECT userid FROM user WHERE email='Jerrod_luv'[email protected]'

                mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[email protected]'' at line 1

                mysql error number: 1064

                Date: Friday 28th of October 2005 03:12:06 PM

                That looks like a legit bug

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by runuo.com
                  Fixed that...

                  Now I ran into this:

                  ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SELECT userid FROM user WHERE email='Jerrod_luv'[email protected]'

                  mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[email protected]'' at line 1

                  mysql error number: 1064

                  Date: Friday 28th of October 2005 03:12:06 PM

                  That looks like a legit bug
                  Single quotes in emails .... nasty.

                  What module are you running import users ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

                  Blog | Me

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X