No announcement yet.

Impex import 3.0.3 -> 3.5 all Polls fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can re-create this when re-running the import polls module, just not first time around, its because of the clean up that is called when the polls module is re-run.

When a module is re-run the pollid's of the threads are removed and vb3 poll import function relies on them, for the moment I'd advise just doing the import once and not re-running the import polls module.

Though I will look at re-writing the clean up and import function.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I have the same problem ("Failed ::", polls import, votes don't), but it occured on the first try of the import. Is there any chance that a fix will be out for this sometime in the near future?

Comment

Quick Fix

If anybody is still having this problem (for vB3 as the source), I have a makeshift solution. Simply transfer your old pollvote table to the new database (mysqldump is nice for that), then run the following queries. Note that orphan poll votes will be removed by the delete query (which requires MySQL 4.0.0+).

Code:
        DELETE pollvote FROM pollvote LEFT JOIN user ON pollvote.userid=user.importuserid WHERE user.importuserid IS NULL;

UPDATE pollvote, poll SET pollvote.pollid = poll.pollid WHERE pollvote.pollid=poll.importpollid;

UPDATE pollvote, user SET pollvote.userid = user.userid WHERE pollvote.userid=user.importuserid;
        If you want to check for orphan poll votes before running the delete query, then you can use this select query:

Code:
        SELECT pollvote.* FROM pollvote LEFT JOIN user ON pollvote.userid=user.importuserid WHERE user.importuserid IS NULL
        I hope this helps somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by ScwB
          If anybody is still having this problem (for vB3 as the source), I have a makeshift solution. Simply transfer your old pollvote table to the new database (mysqldump is nice for that), then run the following queries. Note that orphan poll votes will be removed by the delete query (which requires MySQL 4.0.0+).

Code:
          DELETE pollvote FROM pollvote LEFT JOIN user ON pollvote.userid=user.importuserid WHERE user.importuserid IS NULL;

UPDATE pollvote, poll SET pollvote.pollid = poll.pollid WHERE pollvote.pollid=poll.importpollid;

UPDATE pollvote, user SET pollvote.userid = user.userid WHERE pollvote.userid=user.importuserid;
          If you want to check for orphan poll votes before running the delete query, then you can use this select query:

Code:
          SELECT pollvote.* FROM pollvote LEFT JOIN user ON pollvote.userid=user.importuserid WHERE user.importuserid IS NULL
          I hope this helps somebody else.
          I am having this same issue myself... I hate to ask this, but can you provide details on using mysqldump to move the poll table?

Comment

The importer has been updated, vB3 polls should be imported now.

Though do a clean import, re-running the module will loose all the pollid's if you need to re-run the poll's module, clean out the whole import and start again.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry

Though do a clean import, re-running the module will loose all the pollid's if you need to re-run the poll's module, clean out the whole import and start again.
              Oddly enough.. My first 47 failed.. Not quite sure how that would have happened... Does it process them in order of when they were created? Maybe those first 47 were created with an older version of vB? I have always been on 3.0.x though.. No earlier than that.

You definately made progress though, as the rest successfully imported..

Well done

Comment

Yes, it gets them in order they are in the database and as they are sequential that is the order they were originally created in.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, it gets them in order they are in the database and as they are sequential that is the order they were originally created in.
                  Any ideas why it may have failed on my first 47? I can export the table for you if you like.. The only thing that kinda was a coincidence, was there was no 48 or 49.. Maybe polls that ended up getting deleted? In any case.. I thought it was just coincidence that they failed before that gap but were fine after :shrug: In any case.. If I dont get those first 47 imported, no big deal

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble Jerry but I'm doing an import from 3.5.3 to 3.5.3 and none of the polls import on the first try. I downloaded ImpEx today, so it's the latest version. My target is a new install and the source is a copy of an upgraded 3.5.2 board. Everything else imports just fine, but all the polls, (64 of them), give the "Failed ::" message.

Anything I can send you to help you identify the problem?

Comment

DaveAK, please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveAK
                        Anything I can send you to help you identify the problem?
                        It would have to be the source database so I can see it in action as I can't re-create it here.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This still seems to be an issue. All polls failed on my move from 3.0.7 to 3.5.4 on my test installation. Was a true resolution ever found? Is this due to the fact that forum, post IDs, and forum IDs are being changed during the Impex process?

Comment

Originally posted by rjordan
                            This still seems to be an issue. All polls failed on my move from 3.0.7 to 3.5.4 on my test installation. Was a true resolution ever found? Is this due to the fact that forum, post IDs, and forum IDs are being changed during the Impex process?
                            This has been fixed and the manual explains why the ID's change.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry, did you just fix this or are you saying it should have been fixed before? I ran Impex build 1.46 and got the error. Your sig says that is the most up-to-date version and is verified as the available download version.
                              Last edited by rjordan; Wed 10 May '06, 10:59am.

Comment

Has this been fixed in 1.4.7?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X