Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when trying to make a 'Database cleanup & restart'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error when trying to make a 'Database cleanup & restart'

    I have imported all the data whit no problems (from phpbb2), but when I now are trying to make a 'Database cleanup & restart' so I can get on whit the final import I get this error:

    ImpEx Database errormysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

    mysql error:

    mysql error number: 0

    Date: Tuesday 25th of October 2005 04:01:33 PM

  • #2
    See this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145386
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

    Please don't contact me per PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Make sure you have set your target database info in ImpExConfig.php
      I wrote ImpEx.

      Blog | Me

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi. I can't understand this because in the impex it says “If impex is installed in vBulletin you can ignore the target details”. It is installed in that dir. else the import would’nt have worked.

        And there is nothing wrong whit the forum, only when trying to make a Database cleanup & restart from Impex.

        I have never had any problems whit this web hosts systems.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by klausre
          Hi. I can't understand this because in the impex it says “If impex is installed in vBulletin you can ignore the target details”. It is installed in that dir. else the import would’nt have worked.

          And there is nothing wrong whit the forum, only when trying to make a Database cleanup & restart from Impex.

          I have never had any problems whit this web hosts systems.
          But if you enter your target details in ImpExConfig.php it works ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

          Blog | Me

          Comment


          • #6
            No, the same result.

            Comment


            • #7
              Then there is an error in your config details, in the current version help.php reads its target details from ImpExConfig.php for the target database.

              I have just updated it to read from config.php if it is running installed, though standalone it will always need the correct target database details in ImpExConfig.php.
              I wrote ImpEx.

              Blog | Me

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jerry
                Then there is an error in your config details, in the current version help.php reads its target details from ImpExConfig.php for the target database.

                I have just updated it to read from config.php if it is running installed, though standalone it will always need the correct target database details in ImpExConfig.php.
                I dind'nt understand what you mean here.
                I can't see any error inn the config file. Shal I upload some new files J? I if you say there is an error in the config way does the forum and the import work?
                Last edited by klausre; Wed 26 Oct '05, 11:05am.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by klausre
                  I dind'nt understand what you mean here.
                  I can't see any error inn the config file. Shal I upload some new files J? I if you say there is an error in the config way does the forum and the import work?
                  The old help.php should work fine with the correct ImpExConfig.php target details, if you download the new impex and upload and overwrite help.php and impex_language.php it will tell you what config file its using and if it can't find either.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

                  Blog | Me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Okay. Now I have doen that. Stil error:

                    ImpEx Database errormysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

                    mysql error:

                    mysql error number: 0

                    Date: Wednesday 26th of October 2005 07:47:42 PM

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Then the details are wrong or you don't have the correct permissions.

                      If you start a support ticket we can look at it.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

                      Blog | Me

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X