PM gone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM gone!!!

I just installed a new 3.5. Everything seems to be imported ok from a Deluxe Portal 2.0 except the PM. The Subject lines from the PM are all imported, but there are no text body! Is it a limitation of the Importer? If not, anything I can try to get the PM imported?

...and nobody cares...

Comment

This should not happen. Can you redo the import?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yea, i did it about 10 times already, due to trying to get around other importing issues (such as won't import more then 3 level deep forums).

Our forum have gone live again so it is not an issue any more. I just keep the old Deluxe portal running on another server as an archive for people going back to get their old PMs.

Anyway, I just blame on the old DP instead of vB import.

Comment

Got another issues though. While trying to delete all incoming PM and sent PM, there are still some invisible PM left. Anyway to get rid of them? Maybe the insuccessful import of the PM somehow broke it?

Folder Controls
          Inbox contains 0 messages

You have 13 messages stored, of a total 1000 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Comment

Maybe in the Amincp under Import & Maintenace you can update counters and will it solve thep problem?
            Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

In your delux portal database does the table privatemessage have the field : "message" ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Freezerator
                Maybe in the Amincp under Import & Maintenace you can update counters and will it solve thep problem?
                I have the same problem. 11 messages, none appear and are probably long gone. Looking in the I&M area above yields no option to deal with the PM portion of the counters, only the forums. Hopefully someone has a solution. The problem will occur shortly when users hit the limit of PMs they can have when in reality they don't really have those PMs any more...
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X