X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MegaBBS Access import to Vbulletin

Hi,

I'm new to mySQL/PHP/VBulletin so please go gentle on me

I've just purchased and installed VBullletin 3.5.0 and wish to move my MegaBBS forum DB over to mySQL.

I've installed Impex successfully but need to convert my Access 2000 database to mySQL to import to VB. Can anyone give me a clue how to do this?

Thanks

Dave

That's really a question for the folks at MegaBBS. We have no knowledge of doing this with their system.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      That's really a question for the folks at MegaBBS. We have no knowledge of doing this with their system.
      Hi Steve,

I'm migrating from MegaBBS to VBulletin and need to migrate the Access DB used with MegaBBS to mySQL and then use Impex to transfer all the users, posts etc. After reading various postings on the board I was led to believe that VBulletin was capable of importing the MegaBBS board so long as the database was converted to mySQL.

Looks like I've wasted my money!

Comment

We are not MegaBBS support and do not know how to migrate your MegaBBS from Access to MySQL. I would assume MegaBBS would have instructions on doing this. Have you checked?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          We are not MegaBBS support and do not know how to migrate your MegaBBS from Access to MySQL. I would assume MegaBBS would have instructions on doing this. Have you checked?
          According to thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152390

Someone seems to know, I was just wondering if they could give advice on the conversion procedure.

Comment

Send a PM to Jerry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

PM where I can download it and I'll convert it for you.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X