import lost attachments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import lost attachments.

I recently converted from Postnukes PNPHPBB2 forum to Vbulletin. Migrated the forums over sucessfully using the VB import tool.

We just realized that none of the attachments came over. Mostly photos, DOC and PDF files.

Is there any known way to get the attachments over and reattached to the corresponding post?

or even if i need to reimport the entire forum into a dev site and work from there, is it possible to import with attachments?

When did you do this import and which version of vB are you running? There is no current importer for 3.0.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The importer was downloaded with the 3.0.9 software from here back in march/april. I think it ws an IMPEX or something along those lines. We have version 3.0.9. and did the Import around september. We will be upgrading to 3.5 but would like to get the forum intact before doing so. In order to do the import, we dropped from the Postnuke version of PNPHPBB2, down to just PHPBB2 and then imported to version 3.0.9. We have been up for a few weeks now, but miss the attachments.
      Last edited by bbqchef33; Fri 14 Oct '05, 10:28pm.

Comment

I'm afraid I do not know of any way to add those attachments at this late date. Can you redo the import and start again?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah, i can redo the import to a developmet forum. If I can get them over to vbulletin format then i can figure out a way to merge them from forum to forum.... Should they have come over with IMPEX? Did I miss(screw up) something during the import?

Comment

I don't know if the import script you ran was supposed too import the attachments or not. I'm moving this to the Import forum so Jerry sees this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

As long as the import id's are there and you have the attachments as files, yes this can be done.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

What are the Import ids?

Comment

they are attached to the table by ImpEx, importthreadid is the old topic id for instance, as long as you haven't dropped or removed them you should be able to re-do the attachment import.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

yes, importhreadid and importpostid is in the post table left untouched since the migration.

The old phpbb2 forum is offline and available as are the attachments.

So, what do i do to get them over?

thanks
                    phil

Comment

Originally posted by bbqchef33
                      yes, importhreadid and importpostid is in the post table left untouched since the migration.

The old phpbb2 forum is offline and available as are the attachments.

So, what do i do to get them over?
                      If you have the origional import session, you can just copy the attachments over, then run the import attachments module and give ImpEx the path.

If you don't have the old import session, you'll have to edit the file :

impex/systems/phpBB2/013.php

line 25 :

Code:
                      var $_dependent = '009';
                      to :

Code:
                      var $_dependent = '001';
                      Then you can just run module 001 (to make sure its all ok) and then module 013 to import the attachments.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ok, great. One last questoin before i go off and do it.

I can do this to my production forum??, even though we have been using it for 3-4 weeks since the import, or should i do it in development and then figure out a way to merge.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqchef33
                          I can do this to my production forum??, even though we have been using it for 3-4 weeks since the import, or should i do it in development and then figure out a way to merge.
                          Take a copy of your live site, and do a test import on it to ensure you are happy with what you are doing and that it works first.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X