Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidy up items from ubb.threads migration

Hi,

I've migrated in a development environment from ubb.threads and have a few questions.
    • How do I get my Banned users migrated over? I have the group from migration, but no users were added
    • How do I fix broken smilies, pictures, etc from old UBB code? Right now they just show up raw in the text.
    More importantly, I'm playing with the system on a completely different useraccount and database. What tables do I need to migrate to my production database when the time comes to convert the system over for real?

thanks,

Fred

Originally posted by VW Derf
    How do I get my Banned users migrated over? I have the group from migration, but no users were added
    I've updated the importer to put the users into a specific ubb_threads banned group now.

How do I fix broken smilies, pictures, etc from old UBB code? Right now they just show up raw in the text.
    Can you give an example of this.

More importantly, I'm playing with the system on a completely different useraccount and database. What tables do I need to migrate to my production database when the time comes to convert the system over for real?
    If you are doing the import on a second server, you will have to move the whole site is if you were migrating servers with a usual vBulletin install.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
      I've updated the importer to put the users into a specific ubb_threads banned group now.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try
      Can you give an example of this.
      http://devforums2.tdiclub.com/showpo...82&postcount=7
      &
      http://devforums2.tdiclub.com/showpo...16&postcount=4

There are similar issues with colour used and some other UBB codes.

If you are doing the import on a second server, you will have to move the whole site is if you were migrating servers with a usual vBulletin install.
      The same server, but just a different database, user, etc. I assume if I truncate post and user I should be ok, then just run through the impex scripts?

One other thing. At one point there was the mention of a redirect script for old UBB links, (ie threads, posts, etc). Are there any plans in the near future for this?

Thanks,

Fred

Comment

http://devforums2.tdiclub.com/showpo...82&postcount=7
        &
        http://devforums2.tdiclub.com/showpo...16&postcount=4

There are similar issues with colour used and some other UBB codes.
        This is what cleaner.php is for : http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleaner

Remove the spaces around the quotes and update the paths to the images or idealy replace them with the correct bb code.

The same server, but just a different database, user, etc. I assume if I truncate post and user I should be ok, then just run through the impex scripts?
        Well if you are running against a copy of the site on a test database the process is the same on the live database.

One other thing. At one point there was the mention of a redirect script for old UBB links, (ie threads, posts, etc). Are there any plans in the near future for this?
        Not in the near future no.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I see that cleaner goes through ever post, signature, etc and does some pattern matching to clean things up, and yes as per the script, it does tash the database.

with 1.2 million posts, 38 thousand users it won't run from the browers. Are there any ways of breaking up the replacement in smaller chunks? Like impex does to limit memory usage and other issues with all this database work?

Thanks,

Fred

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by VW Derf

Not in the near future no.
            Really? Is that not a change of planning here? I'm just waiting for you to make this, so that I can migrate.

Comment

Originally posted by void
              Really? Is that not a change of planning here? I'm just waiting for you to make this, so that I can migrate.
              I just made up a really quick and crude showprofile.php and showflat.php that works for me in redirecting the users. You'll want to customize it in some way, bit it should work for you. You'll need to update the username and password for the db.

Show thread could be adapted from this easily as well.

PS, void, how is the migration going for you otherwise? Any issues?
              Attached Files

Comment

I just made up a really quick and crude showprofile.php and showflat.php that works for me in redirecting the users. You'll want to customize it in some way, bit it should work for you. You'll need to update the username and password for the db.

Show thread could be adapted from this easily as well.

PS, void, how is the migration going for you otherwise? Any issues?
                I have only made a couple of test conversions that seems to work ok, but I wont be sure until I let my members play with it

I'm no php wiz, but what is the nature of your attached modifications? Do you do a lookup on the importid when the url points to the ubb script or?

Do you think you could modify the cleaner script to do this internal link parsing once and for all?

Comment

Originally posted by void
                  I have only made a couple of test conversions that seems to work ok, but I wont be sure until I let my members play with it

I'm no php wiz, but what is the nature of your attached modifications? Do you do a lookup on the importid when the url points to the ubb script or?

Do you think you could modify the cleaner script to do this internal link parsing once and for all?
                  I thought about doing that, but since many members bookmark pages it wouldn't help those people. What these scripts to do is check importpostids (and user) agains the new ones and create the new URL.

BTW, did you get cleaner to work on a large DB?

Comment

Ok. Your approach is actually rather smart. It will also catch google references. Would also like an in-post correction utility though.

Havent got a very large DB, so I have not experience with how conversions work on these.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X