Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500+ private messages in my inbox after import!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500+ private messages in my inbox after import!

Basically 90% of my forum users have anywhere between 150-500 private messages in their inbox/sent folders. I imported from phpbb 2.0.17. Obviously phpbb only disabled showing the pm's, but still stored them in the database.

My question is, how do I clean this up! If I need to run a manual sql query then so be it, but I need to run a query of like.. Keep the 25 newest private messages for that user and delete everything that is older.

How can I fix this!

Originally posted by rabidkevin
    Obviously phpbb only disabled showing the pm's, but still stored them in the database.
    So if there were 500 only the newest 25 would be shown ?

Originally posted by rabidkevin
    My question is, how do I clean this up! If I need to run a manual sql query then so be it, but I need to run a query of like.. Keep the 25 newest private messages for that user and delete everything that is older.

How can I fix this!
    You could loop through the users in the pmtext table, selecting and ordering by the dateline then, deleting the pm's on the pmtextid then the pmtext's themselves.

I think its more of a script with a loop than just one SQL command for ease.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

yea I could easily erase ALL of their PM's under control panel, but I would like to leave the most recent ones. Could really use a Trim/Purge private messages feature.

Comment

All I can think of for ease is a custom script.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I found this 4 year old thread best matching my problem. I'm importing from smf 1.1.10 to 3.8.4 and run into the same problem: hundreds of PMs which in SMF have been marked by sender/receiver as deleted.
          What do i have to do before or whilst the import to overcome this problem?

Comment