Polls messed up after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls messed up after import

I've just done an import of a 1.2 million vBul2 forum into a brand new 3.5 Gold forum.

Unfortunately we have two major problems: 1) PMs did not import correctly, it seemed to import just the title of the PM (and duplicate many of them) but not the content. This wasn't great news for the Members but we can live with it.

However the second problem is more of a problem. If a Member creates a new poll, it appears in the thread it was created in but the poll also appears on an older thread (which had its own poll). Members can still vote etc.

Any ideas?

An example: this was a new thread with a poll created after the import, http://www.randi.org/forumlive/showthread.php?t=45057 however the same poll is also appearing on an old thread created before the import overwriting the original poll, http://www.randi.org/forumlive/showthread.php?t=16964.

Originally posted by Darat
    However the second problem is more of a problem. If a Member creates a new poll, it appears in the thread it was created in but the poll also appears on an older thread (which had its own poll). Members can still vote etc.

Any ideas?

An example: this was a new thread with a poll created after the import, http://www.randi.org/forumlive/showthread.php?t=45057 however the same poll is also appearing on an old thread created before the import overwriting the original poll, http://www.randi.org/forumlive/showthread.php?t=16964.
    Now that is very wierd !

I take it there are no hacks on the 3.5 board ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Not when the import was done. And the problem started before any hacks were added. I've also reverted the board to a completely "vanilla" 3.5 installation - a complete reinstall with all original files, even deleted images from all hack and the like. The problem persists.

Comment

Not when the import was done. And the problem started before any hacks were added. I've also reverted the board to a completely "vanilla" 3.5 installation - a complete reinstall with all original files, even deleted images from all hack and the like. The problem persists.
        Ok, I believe that it might be the legacy poll id's interfering, though the database shouldn't allow two threaids or pollids that are the same.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your vB2 dB so I can do a test import here and tack the thread/poll id's ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          Ok, I believe that it might be the legacy poll id's interfering, though the database shouldn't allow two threaids or pollids that are the same.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your vB2 dB so I can do a test import here and tack the thread/poll id's ?
          Hi it's a rather large board, I think our last vBul 2 backup was about 2gigs zipped up. (We do still have the vBul 2 board up and running, just not open to the public for posts - we are using it as an archive.)

Comment

Hi it's a rather large board, I think our last vBul 2 backup was about 2gigs zipped up. (We do still have the vBul 2 board up and running, just not open to the public for posts - we are using it as an archive.)
            Well thats fine by me if you can host a mysqldump and PM me the URL ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok I'll get the details from the webmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                Well thats fine by me if you can host a mysqldump and PM me the URL ?
                Hi Jerry - sent you the PM a little while ago - did you find time to look into the matter?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jerry - sent you the PM a little while ago - did you find time to look into the matter?

Thanks
                  Yea just got around to it now, though it would appear that you sent me the vB3 database, I need the vB2 one to see what the data is doing when it is imported.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X