• Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How To Set Defaults for New and Existing Users

Leave a comment:

• ulitka
    replied
    What is the SQL query to turn ON "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" for all users? Because after import this flag became OFF.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    You have to sort out the usergroups, you don't need to run any SQL.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Leave a comment:

• ulitka
    replied
    Jerry, all imported users are banned. What is the sql query to fix that?
    Something like:
    Code:

UPDATE thread SET open=1 WHERE open=0;
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarius
    Furthermore, I just noticed that in the goto-dropdown-field 4/5 of my forums are white on white background, i.e. the entries are there, but cannot be seen. Some of the forums are in black font-color, as they should be and therefore visible - but with lot's of spaces inbetween (that the other "invisible" forums occupy). Looks weird.
    Do you mean the forum jump at the bottom of the page ?

And another one: Almost all threads in my forum are marked as hot - although they're definitely not (even threads with no answers). I already tried various settings, always updated all kinds of counters and caches I even remotely suspected could be involved... nothing. Funny thing: There's posts that don't change their status, no matter what I do, and theres posts (very few), that respond as expected, i.e. if the specified number is smaller than their number of answers the thread is hot and vice versa.
    I've not come across this one before ! In your vBulletin database are there entries in the thread table for votetotal and votenum ?

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    And another one: all my threads show only posts of the last day. I need them to show all messages as standard setting. Is it possible to fix that as easily as the other problems? Which table (forum?) and column in the database do I have to fix?

***Edit
    o.k., found out how to do that myself.

Furthermore, I just noticed that in the goto-dropdown-field 4/5 of my forums are white on white background, i.e. the entries are there, but cannot be seen. Some of the forums are in black font-color, as they should be and therefore visible - but with lot's of spaces inbetween (that the other "invisible" forums occupy). Looks weird.

And another one: Almost all threads in my forum are marked as hot - although they're definitely not (even threads with no answers). I already tried various settings, always updated all kinds of counters and caches I even remotely suspected could be involved... nothing. Funny thing: There's posts that don't change their status, no matter what I do, and theres posts (very few), that respond as expected, i.e. if the specified number is smaller than their number of answers the thread is hot and vice versa.

I confess, that I'm starting to regrett trying to import my old forum into vB. As good as the forum is - importing is a real pain in the *** (sorry, but I'm somewhat frustrated).

Sven
    Last edited by cellarius; Sat 1 Oct '05, 7:55am.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Hi,

Smilies:
    smilies were imported like [img]path[/img], that's what I fixed with cleaner (see the other thread). Now they look like they should in the text - , an so on - and I imported my old smiley-set properly into the forum.
    some time later: at least that's what I thought. I just noticed that some of the smilies work. I checked, and several of my smilies were imported this way "~:-(~:sa" - apparently offering several ways of producing a smiley seperated by a ~. That seems to be the problem. I now reduced all smilies to one Replacement, and - it works

SQL
    That simple. Stupid me. Not that I'm really into mysql or any other database, but that should not have been a problem - even for me

Anyway, thanks for your patience. Any hints on how I could fix my problem with the doubled line breaks? The old entries really look kinda silly. I tried to replace "\n\n" by "\n" and "<br><br>" by "<br>" - didn't work. I'm I just being stupid again?

Sven

(Smilies disabled)
    Last edited by cellarius; Sat 1 Oct '05, 2:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    - Why are all threads locked after import? How can I change that? Doing this one by one is not a realistic option.
    Run this SQL :
    Code:
    UPDATE thread SET open=1 WHERE open=0;
    - Why are smilies deaktivated for all posts? How can I change that? Here handiwork is even more out of the question.
    Run this SQL :
    Code:
    UPDATE post SET allowsmilie=1 WHERE open=0;
    Are the smilies the BBcode or broken links ?

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    started a topic Impex - Problems Importing FudForum

Impex - Problems Importing FudForum

As I mentioned in the other thread i recently started (sorry for the double, but this one is more generally on Impex, while the other one focusses on Cleaner) , I'm migrating my FudForum to vB. At the moment I'm testing in a sandbox-environment, and I hope that some of my suggestions will be considered until I'm going live.

Import with ImpEx works fine, but some details need improvement:
    - Why are all threads locked after import? How can I change that? Doing this one by one is not a realistic option.
    - Why are smilies deaktivated for all posts? How can I change that? Here handiwork is even more out of the question.

Looking at the table it was not hard to identify the entries responsible. As this is a testing-environment, I deleted the respective columns and put them in again, this time with standard-value 1 instead of 0. Result: All threads open, but smilies are not shown correctly, although the "Deacitvate Smilies"-option is inactive if I try to edit a post. Do I have to refresh a cache or something?

Another one:
    - linebreaks seem to be doubled. If there are two linebreaks in the original (FUD) post (resulting in one empty line after a paragraph) , there are four in vB (resultuing in three empty lines, which looks kinda silly).

Is there any chance these faults might get fixed? Any hints or workarounds?

Sven

P.S.: I might add to this thread as I'm exploring...
    P.P.S: PHP 5.04, mysql 4.01.13
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X