At wits end importing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At wits end importing...

I have been trying to do this all day....and while I would love to go into the details, they are all available here:

<URL to support ticket removed>

Sorry for you folks who can't see that, but I am not going to detail the issues as it is already there.

Suffice to say I have spent the entire day doing this and im fairly angry.

NEVER post a link to your support tickets publicly. These tickets often contain confidential info you do not want to share.

Jerry is handling your ticket since he is the only one familiar enough with this import script to help. Also he does not work 7 days a week, so I'm afriad you will need to be patient. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm afraid that you only have one person able to support a script.

Thanks for removing the link. I didn't realize that they were open urls that didn't require any type of authorization other than knowing the link.

Comment

The truth is that the BB system you are importing from is so rare that you are the first person I've ever seen using it.

Also most of your problems were because you were running 3.5.0, and the Impex systtem is not ready for 3.5.0 and won't be until the final is released.

Also Jerry's last responsse wwas 6 hours ago so he has been helping. He's just not available 24 hours a day. (The slacker! )
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          The truth is that the BB system you are importing from is so rare that you are the first person I've ever seen using it.
          Hence me trying to get away from it...

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Also most of your problems were because you were running 3.5.0, and the Impex systtem is not ready for 3.5.0 and won't be until the final is released.
          He must be pretty good then, because he got it to work somehow (or he is using an unreleased beta script).

Truthfully, it isn't a matter of the BB, but rather it won't even load at all (for 3.5 or 3.08)... I'm not even up to the part of using a module....

..and he isn't a slacker, but after working with me on and off for a few hours, I would have appreciated a, "hey I know you are in the middle of this - but I'm going home to spend time with the family or whatnot and I'll check on you tomorrow or whenever"

As it is, I have no idea when he is coming back and since it is a holiday weekend it is anyone's guess...on top of that he's the only one who can help me at this point.

I'm ready to throw in the towel. This is not what I signed up for.....especially since he said it would only take 3 minutes.
          Last edited by majorxp; Fri 2 Sep '05, 9:50pm.

Comment

Originally posted by majorxp
            He must be pretty good then, because he got it to work somehow (or he is using an unreleased beta script).
            I am not, I did the import with the current importer, though I didn't change the database while doing it.

..and he isn't a slacker, but after working with me on and off for a few hours, I would have appreciated a, "hey I know you are in the middle of this - but I'm going home to spend time with the family or whatnot and I'll check on you tomorrow or whenever"
            I set up the initial system, did a test import then sent you the converted database as you wanted to do it yourself, it was only this morning that I came back to the ticket.

This is not what I signed up for.....especially since he said it would only take 3 minutes.
            Indeed, that's how long it took me to do the import including updating the counters and sorting the forums, though I did with on a non-hacked database.

I've fixed the bug in your impex/index.php file.

I've just downloaded 3.0.8 from the members area along with impex and imported another maxportalweb board I have, and it worked perfectly.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X