X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by QTI
    No... not importing 2 sites. You are right that I am thinking of importing the same database twice to get new posts. Can that be done?
    A differential import, its something I'm looking at. Though currently no, the advised way from the HOWTO is have a few test runs then once you are ok with that and have the site setup re-do the import.

Leave a comment:

• QTI
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    From the sounds of that you are importing the same database twice to get new posts ?

I was thinking that it was a 2 site import i.e.

Board 1 -> vB
    Board 2 -> vB

Is that not the case ?
    No... not importing 2 sites. You are right that I am thinking of importing the same database twice to get new posts. Can that be done?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by QTI
    I have read the guides, and still have some questions:

I have imported the source database once, and after which I have mergered the userid e.g. "ABC" with "Imported_ABC". Does it mean that I will have a problem if I import the posts of the source database for a second time (for the purpose of picking up the new posts posted after my first import). Is there anything I can do to avoid those problems?
    From the sounds of that you are importing the same database twice to get new posts ?

I was thinking that it was a 2 site import i.e.

Board 1 -> vB
    Board 2 -> vB

Is that not the case ?

Leave a comment:

• QTI
    replied
    I have read the guides, and still have some questions:

Re-running modules

When you re-run a module, for what ever reason it will clean up any previous data imported of that type.

For instance if you run the import post module for our phpBB import, it will import all the post from the phpBB board and place them in the vBulletin database. All the posts will have a importpostid which is the original post id of the post in the phpBB board. Any original post from the vBulletin board before the import will have no importpostid, as they are original.

So when the module is run for a second time (another practice run, you change some setting, updated a parser, got more posts, etc) it will delete all posts from the vBulletin board that have an importpostid.

This is use full for getting timings or re-running modules that had issues that you have changed or updated.

WarningWarningWarning

If you have associated or merged users, the original vBulletin users will now have a importuserid, re-running the import user module will delete these users, if you don't have any associated users this isn't an issue.
    I have imported the source database once, and after which I have mergered the userid e.g. "ABC" with "Imported_ABC". Does it mean that I will have a problem if I import the posts of the source database for a second time (for the purpose of picking up the new posts posted after my first import). Is there anything I can do to avoid those problems?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    For a second import, I wrote this to help :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...35&postcount=2

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Use Impex to import the WowBB data. Please view the online instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

And please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Leave a comment:

• wbutchart
    started a topic Idiots guide for a second import

Idiots guide for a second import

Hi i have imported my old vb3 database into my web site without a problem. I now want to import my wowbb database into the website as well.

Can someone tell me exactly how i do this. Last time i attempted to install a second database into my forum i cleared the current info. I dont know how i did that but i dont want to do it again. Can anyone tell me exactly what i have to do to import a second database into my current one without losing all my current data.

Many thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X