Invision To Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision To Vbulletin

ok I just bought vbulletin yesterday night and I posted a help thread in the main vbulletin forum but no one seems to understand how to solve this problem , I would really like someone who is well knowledgeable in vbulletin to help me.

Well first of all I have sucessfully installed vbulletin and next I want to transfer my old data/mysql DB from my invision 2.0.4 forum to Vbulletin 3.0.8 but I can't seem to do that without a converter which was like something that converted my phpbb DB to the INvison data last time.

Right now a guy introduced me something called impex and so I uploaded it into my forums folder and the next step is pretty confusing how do I even use it? I read many post but can't seem to understand the next step , if anyone would help me, I would really appreciate it since this is something really hard I encounter with vbulletin.

Check your PM.

Comment

Magic, I don't get what's the problem
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Rover416
        Check your PM.
        Yeah ok its was great but in dreamweaver when i edit it those things seems to be in yellow text before the <?php tag so I suppose the stuff won't work even after I fill up the infomation inside..?

Comment

<Moved to correct forum>

Please describe exactly what you are doing and what the problem is.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The problem is , I can't get my invision DB into my Vbulletin DB , I encounter loads of **** errors and also The impexconfig file inside has this * icon which allows the entire script to be unuse so if its yellow will it still work?

Comment

What are the errors?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ERROR with the database or file system, please check config.

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /impex/db_mysql.php on line 248

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Forums database.
                Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
                An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
                We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.8:
                Invalid SQL:
                SELECT id, name
                FROM members
                ORDER BY id
                LIMIT 0,25
                mysql error:
                mysql error number: 0
                Date: Sunday 07th of August 2005 04:55:14 AM
                Script: http://www.animequazo.com/forums/impex/index.php
                Referer: http://www.animequazo.com/forums/impex/index.php
                Username: Magicalneo
                IP Address: 202.156.2.114

Comment

This means the db info in your ImpExConfig,php file is wrong. Please view the online instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Is the IPB database on the same server as your vB? If not, you may not have permission to access the IPB database remotely. In that case you will need to backup and restore the IPB db on your vB server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    This means the db info in your ImpExConfig,php file is wrong. Please view the online instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Is the IPB database on the same server as your vB? If not, you may not have permission to access the IPB database remotely. In that case you will need to backup and restore the IPB db on your vB server.
                    its on the same server

Comment

Then the info in ImpExConfig.php is wrong - most likely the source info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Eh please I really need my problem to be solved i dun really care much of anything anymore , it doesn't matter even if I get hacked or something I just have to solve this hard problem.... please help I have no other way.... or u can let the admin see the image..
                        Last edited by Magicalneo; Sun 7th Aug '05, 7:30am.

Comment

You specificly show in your image that your source is a mysql database, you have the setting set to false, change that to true.

Comment

A source database was not entered in ImpExConfig.php

I got that error when I change it to true.

Comment

Originally posted by Magicalneo
                              A source database was not entered in ImpExConfig.php

I got that error when I change it to true.

Not according to the picture you gave me?
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X