Impex and UBBThreads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex and UBBThreads

Following my previous email in regards to 'Can Vbulletin import from a UBBThreads 5.4.6 install.

Well I went and bought VB! It's a joy I must say and what an improvement on our current setup. Now I need to import the UBB_Threads data over to the VB and joy oh joy, I cannot seem to get Impex to work.

It's configured and runs correctly, I select UBB as my method and of course it has a few problems as it's trying to find a polls database and UBB 5.4.6 being old didn't have polls in those days. Either way, I do manage to run all the imports bar Polls and Moderators (again no mds back then either).

So then I happily log into my VB and voila, nothing, not a sausage. oh hold on, one forum was created, no threads, no users, nothing.

Is there an older export script for UBBThreads 5.4.6 support?. I'm no SQL whizz, I can't lose these posts or user data, all help extremely appreciated!!! Cheers guys!

The current importer is for 6.5 so thats quite a diffrence from what I can remember of the importer.

Is there anyway you can upgrade the threads database before the import ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

almost there!!!

Hi jerry,

Yes it's something I considered but unfortunetly I wouldn't know where to get a 'copy' of that version to use for the upgrade without forking out a great deal of money to the UBB team.

Anyway, progress has been made and I've learnt a good deal of SQL in the process. I have successfully ported all users, posts and threads across. Forums were not so successful so I have had to make them manually and set them up as the threads dictate. This has led to a few issues but this morning I'm happy to say that only 1 remains (that I'm aware of).

So after ensuring to the best of my abilities the imports I've done manually conform I ran the counter updates/resets for everything.

Now I need to get my post counts / thread counts - shown on the main board (they are all set at 0). Any tips?

Ahh just discovered on top of this, that none of my users have linked correctly either. Every post says made by guest. An example of the front page would be.,..

SGI Installation
      SGI IRIX 6.3/6.5 installation Paramics running on IRIX by 0 0

Cheers
      Last edited by traxdata2k; Tue 26 Jul '05, 4:15am.

Comment

ahh it looks like neither parentid or userid has imported properly I think you are correct that getting our ubb install up to 6.5 temporarily would be the best solution. The question is how :P have you any friends at the UBB company jerry or are they all dire enemies?

Comment

we have a UBB.Threads importer for vB2 though its kind of a long root and you'd lose thread parent relationships.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

hey Scott!

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            we have a UBB.Threads importer for vB2 though its kind of a long root and you'd lose thread parent relationships.
            Hi Scott,

Ahh a fellow Scotsman to the rescue! Well I'll do whatever it takes man - Also it doesn't look like I have any choice. When you say I'll lose thread / parent relationships... do you mean the connection between thread and Forum?

How do I get started?

Cheers

Comment

Well its a very long route but its free.

Download and install vb2 from the members area and install the importers also from the members area for vb2.

It was designed for UBB Threads 5.4.6 (w3 threads).

Once your imported you can then run then install vb3 and run the upgrade scripts to upgrade from vb2.

You'll lose the relationship between posts in threads, they'll just be in date order in a linear fashion.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Seems like a better alternative to losing links between users and posts. Still gonna take me a good many hours to rebuild those links. Working on it now - cheers.

Comment

More problems

Ok so I have installed VB2 - looking well and ready to run - I upload the import scripts to the importers dir and start the script running.

The import script steps are all fine until it reaches

"We will now import all your UBB.Threads threads and posts into the vBulletin database."

At this point it gives me the following sql error....

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.7:

Invalid SQL: SELECT Bo_Number AS forumid,B_Views AS views,B_Number AS importthreadid,B_Posted AS dateline,U_Number AS userid,B_Subject AS title,B_Mail AS notify,IF(B_Status='O',1,0) AS open,B_Approved AS visible,IF(ISNULL(icon.iconid),0,icon.iconid) AS iconid,B_Sticky AS sticky,B_Poll AS poll FROM ubb_discussion.w3t_Posts,ubb_discussion.w3t_Users,ubb_discussion.w3t_Boards LEFT JOIN icon ON (icon.title LIKE CONCAT('%',LEFT(B_Icon,4),'%')) WHERE w3t_Boards.Bo_Keyword=w3t_Posts.B_Board AND w3t_Users.U_username=w3t_Posts.B_Username AND B_topic=1 ORDER BY importthreadid LIMIT 0,25
                  mysql error: Unknown column 'B_Views' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Tuesday 26th of July 2005 03:14:32 PM
                  Last edited by traxdata2k; Thu 18 Sep '08, 6:17am.

Comment

Are you sure your using 5.4.6 it should really have that column. If not can you just add it the Posts table I think might be Boards.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

**** URL REMOVED ****

There's our current forum - as you can see at the bottom right it is the correct version I'll try as you say - weird eh?!
                      Last edited by traxdata2k; Thu 18 Sep '08, 6:17am.

Comment

Start a support ticket and ask for me and I'll have a look at the database to see how diffrent the versions are and what can be done.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Nice

Hey guys - Scott's advice was spot on. The upgrade went smoothly and quickly, I do not seem to have lost any relationships. Is there something I don't know about?

I'm going over the forums to ensure everything has worked well... a quick question. After conversion every single post has

[ url ] http:// [ / url ]

tagged at the end. Any reason why? Any quick way to remove this?

Cheers guys!!

Comment

You might be able to use cleaner.php to remove that, though you'd have to find something unique about all the posts other wise you could parse out normal in post links.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks J

Lovely, worked a treat - thanks Jerry. My process is complete - I'm ready to try this on the live DB now! You're a credit to the VB team!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X