• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with imported users.

I set up a board using VB.
    Installed Impex.
    Import everything.
    I even associated my profile, with the admin profile in the phpBB forum.

All users can login to the vB board.
    All imported posts, have as nicknames not the original one, but like that:
    Instead of "SLGR", the nick is "Imported SLGR"...
    And so on.

Also, down at the statistics it sais 74 members while I only have 25 (on the phpBB board, whose database is the source) - I just notice that I have members duplicated, although i did the step only once, and, from the double profiles, only one of them has messages on the account..

I also had problem with nicks and titles of threads, Pm, forum titles, etc.. and that's because most of them are in the Greek Language. I installed the 3.06 Greek Language Pack, and, everything seems ok.
    Last edited by SLGR; Sun 24 Jul '05, 3:05am.

The only way the users would have the 'Imported_' in front of their names is if you already had these users registered on your vB with these names. It sounds like you may have imported the users twice.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The only way the users would have the 'Imported_' in front of their names is if you already had these users registered on your vB with these names. It sounds like you may have imported the users twice.
      Hello,
      I did the process of the import, three times!
      Each one, the same result.
      And, of course, each time of import, I had the vB database dropped, and then a fresh installation so to try a new import!

May be silly, but.. is it because my phpBB is 2.0.16 and the last version supported from Impex is 2.0.14?

Comment

vBulletin has a MERGE USERS feature by default, you can use that to merge duplicate user accounts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X