Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMF 1.0.5 >> vB 3.0.7 SLOW User import

Hey Jerry,

I tried doing this a while ago with a "test vb", but ran into a lot of problems and quit. I decided to try this again today but the user import is extremely slow for me now.

It takes about four minutes to import 250 members, and starts giving me very large errors saying that it can not import into the custom avatar table, then following by a huuuuge mess of

\\ S\\Ä\0©^QêGB’J§ce2ef·€p© \\0¢gØö^rPA
    ËPFÈ#cÁR`Fˆ ‚,gðPtÏ|™ ˆeæŒNb(ôšSÐá ¢o¼1â–TþÈCÇ‚Ü\0€#·”j(øAÃÖ(ˆ4ðBQ«Ùª]±*Þq˜–íðÛNi0«NÞ¨T\\3Ô0Ã%\\È6¶!FLA‚$ÐñjuyÚBKzä€eՁ–œ¶S‡GjbPj€B¯ñƬQ›òÊ0Ä 3ØC .mJA™Àî‡ y_P›Z)Pæt«.$f…ž
    á´s«ˆ Ç6h¹†@8œN0ƒ½iz«CÖ´°¶4^Øp´™À‚›NÂäG¿ð8ÅLÆY\0&à%9 á
    kà R&‚ëÀ6¸D2h„Ëk x\0
    ²Fý\\\0*Ó˜ †¸\0ˆ…10Ÿ@äǘ%.ñ()[˜²”ÿLÁ.ðh·ƒ_í†68 k®@(A.D ƒT`ˆI\"´\')¨àŽM„@Ã#¦ ‰ Šœ€6³©LÀr\0ÄÞ°‡L C\0Â
    l\0„\0Ê@å1bV$¾ ¬€{¯Ø’ØhÀ }œ@–TJ-¤aL²€V6\\Š8˜ÂІp‚íÁæ
    9˜ä ¸¸4 GY!U:ðÉ hgIK²[ÙB”¥z \"&, )I†0Kc¸(«iÖ³A¼´Fƒ7Üà@øMDЂýDÀˆ)°HÁЂ $DÛL¢@²9!p\0 ×”‚.¤°M=xÁܐ„9Ìa
    IH\"ád øÎi5t€yðØÖ[email protected]&|᤿™AV€¥`:0MP>õ• õB-A!„&X 9†! Nàâ¨Ú@\'L!‰Œ
    ò(P¥ÀVD‚ÙQa6øB<Sƒ\\tàŸÏzN™€ÒL¨;:EË+øð¶JHÇ0Ä0¾áŠY˜Ú8*.’j
    k`Tj3%aŽ’”$ø3àßoj°4à`ÊñðJCø”’0\'f1Œa,a c(€=b³®p…,FqÔQý°ö¨È`jF3¶\0*#óad üæ’ZÁcGGå8®²–5„$páZ\\d#bhBÄ ®‡:&á
    ½\"UIµÆ.¸!‘Rm²À [email protected]‚Ø {ØC
    T&ä8GGD¢WÈN´Hb“…5²±„FL÷b°Ä1Œ:
    Wü²p…k›»WdÄÖ¯º8Êð6Ôš¿©Î.ÀÃokð•ÙÓOb
     8©>ìbþÅ$&á\\fŒÀàÃ~ …ÿØáøÃj[ëÝØÆ£^°\\§Êæ€ì@uŸpWcp¸b&$4QQ_c20Ľb06Ä.FaIý0#º×àl7>€…YHx@þ\'ŒÔ½ÞÕÁ ï+€Çqrt UƒÛ·\0žÒåh‰WHâÅE„,f‘Žk”‚³82‚¡‹M¸bƲ€F8\"üZïjc©&o Ðb !°ø€
    ؆$øÁF¨* ’\0‚yiÈS XµýâMHBµu=G0®!ŽbØù´µ,&½WðÙÂÈ°Æ+¼à/ð*P€Ö!°$¸5®w„ü[email protected]œf+1kÑa£«uÅ5¢qsH¦˜€%hüa¦Hø]ñjaN൯ÝX(ˆ`‰%Ä!IYÓ7øÀƒ©ýŠÀFø¬¦µ$:¿¡á¯±%q^„C®Xv¦›‹ \\̘à©åD0m
    k8œ¯y¶ƒ!!)¸•ãˆy9`ð;ø!¸Æ¬Àä ¶€,£ob¥`F/Þ< n`—ÎÈ8wSûoZT¢@w8.†NÞV[‚Ù°0‚o„ ?8œP°„% çŽl™ø48ZbÀ\0†Œ¡OB³ç8qñi׺B¨Ãøf0‚‘
    s”ès¯(y-1†nðѐB,`îx
    ?Páù°(|`ió‚€. #Q>[email protected]#PA
    p\0x»`®kg<ýµþÏ‚°øæ+F/ÑçšcÙ¾¨˜¾ÍSXX\")ðû=qM@áÛ…ÿ@hP†w“Hx€ÐxÕ\'8á \0ø
    3&w
    vs—Z³0 ß0 ›€$ ’ð\\¤gWÕ
    U°äyç§Z0 0€ð€ï÷m|€V0¹\05ÐÑ\0(\0ê1!åHcÖ0 ¸àoÓÆ]3s®°€’€$º\0Ï•
    Style code.

I apologize, but I don't have the entire exact error. I have the beginning portion, but not the end because it cut off during all the jumbled code:
    INSERT INTO customavatar
    (userid, avatardata, dateline, filename)
    VALUES
    (
    'GIF89aP\0<\0÷\0\0\0\0\0€\0\0 \0€\0€€\0\0\0€€\0€\0€€ÀÀÀÀÜÀ¦Êð/?
    O?0?\'O#n\"_&?
    _o\' _& / O#
    P9-_P%_%6O
    ?\'~ \"
    1(`J:úûû£?,o%6/

What is the error at the very bottom of the page ?

The time is caused by impex having to get remotely hosted avatars, I have recently put in an option to not import avatars as they are usualy more hassel than they are worth.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
      What is the error at the very bottom of the page ?

The time is caused by impex having to get remotely hosted avatars, I have recently put in an option to not import avatars as they are usualy more hassel than they are worth.
      The error I put at the bottom was the beginning of the error I received. The bottom never finished and if I were to paste the whole error message I got, it would probably crash my computer. Haha.

Is there an option to import attached avatars only? And disable remotely hosted ones?

Also, where is the option to turn off avatar imports all together? I downloaded Impex about an hour ago and can't see it. Was it added that recent?

Comment

I got the last part of the error.

&#236;m[w&#241;85&#170;U&#189;&#236;!&#200;&#161;&#220;&#206;c&#220;˜&#247;&#198;&#186;&#241;L\"… &#192;d\"’J”D X8m&#170;“7&#201;&#218;‘zz&#229;w9&#202;&#161;&#234;€\0\0;',
        NOW(),
        'za0gif.gif'
        )

mysql error: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

mysql error number: 1153

Date: Thursday 14th of July 2005 12:05:57 AM
        Script: http://www.bleedzao.com/testvb/impex/index.php
        Referer: http://www.bleedzao.com/testvb/admincp/index.php?do=nav
        Username: Tyler
        IP Address: ***********
        It also just froze up on me again. I need to find and remove that avatar, then try again. I'll post the results.

Comment

Your server's MySQL setting for max_allowed_packet is too low to complete this operation. You or your host will need to increase this setting in my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems):

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. I'd recommend twice whatever the current value is, or at least 2M.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Your server's MySQL setting for max_allowed_packet is too low to complete this operation. You or your host will need to increase this setting in my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems):

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. I'd recommend twice whatever the current value is, or at least 2M.
            Cool. I think I may have it sorted out. I removed the avatars that were too large and it seems to have imported all the members successfully.

One more thing that I noticed was that when importing the users, sometimes it would hit a "404" error page. This may have been reported before. Clicking on the "import" link started it over where the session left off though.

I don't think that caused an issue with the import, but I'll let you know if it did.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X