Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Ask them to provide a link to a phpinfo.php file on the server and check which functions (if any) are disabled.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    how can i check what PhP functions are enabled on a host server...it would be nice to know this before moving to a new host

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Hmmm...they have now downgraded their Deluxe plan as well. Too bad. I'm afraid you'll need to find a professional web hosting company. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    I am on the deluxe plan...I called them days ago about the issue with php upload off and they basically said at that time that it would not change...

Considering changing my hosting, turning ito too much of a bother...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I believe you need to be on the GoDaddy Deluxe plan. Other plans are not suitable for PHP sites.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    host is godaddy.com

I have already run into other issues...I can upload avatars but users cannot upload avatars or attachments etc.

Tied into this impex question...the reason i started trying to get this working was in an attempt to install new styles...

is there a way of doing this without impex?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yep, your host has disabled a whole bunch of PHP functions:

getmyinode, getopt, getrusage, extension_loaded, dl, mysql_pconnect, crack_check, crack_closedict, crack_getlastmessage, crack_opendict, fsockopen, pfsockopen, mysql_list_dbs, mysql_stat, ini_get, ini_get_all, ini_alter, ini_set, get_current_user, get_defined_constants, get_include_path, php_ini_scanned_files, php_uname, phpcredits, restore_include_path, set_include_path, set_time_limit, version_compare, zend_version, getmypid, getmyuid, getmygid, assert_options, assert, fopen, fwrite, fread, file, fpassthru, file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir

Not only will this need to be changed to run Impex, I believe you'll find that a number of other vB features will not work either because of your hosts's restrictions. Can you tell me which host this is? I'm compiling a list of hosts that are not PHP and vB-friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    it was already set to yes...

here is a link, but I usually have these forums closed.

http://www.sacredkeep.com/vbbtest/

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Looks like a PHP configuration issue. In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    started a topic Correct impex installation?

Correct impex installation?

not sure if its right the screen i get at the admincp/import &maintenance/import export then gives me a pull down menu

Select the type of board you are importing from in the select box:

with nothing to select from, if i select begin import i get this error message

Warning: opendir() has been disabled for security reasons in \impex\ImpExDisplay.php on line 492

Is it an installation issue, an info in the config file is wrong..or does this go back to the hosting service having php uploads off??
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X