Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported_ users

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Imported_ users

    We did some importing from phpBB2 and we had issues so we deleted all the imports and started over. Apparently some of the previously imported users didnt get deleted, and we ended up with 315 users with ""imported_userName" in addition to their "userName".

    The passwords on the "userName" accounts do not work / the accounts cannot log in.

    the "imported_userName" accounts do work, but we would rather not have the "imported_" infront of their username.

    Is there a way to batch process these users, deleting/merging them with their original user (the one without the imported_) ?

    if we have to go through and do it by hand, it will be a giant pain, but still "do-able" if necessary.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    We were also trying to think of a way that it could be done in phpmyadmin if its not possible to do it directly from the admincp console but it all sounded too complicated for my minimal knowledge of performing mysql queries and modifications

  • #2
    I'm not aware of any easy way to fix a double import like this. Did you make a backup of the database prior to attempting the import? If so, I suggest restoring that backup and trying again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      No backup. Might just do things manually...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re-running the import user module will clean out all the imported users, if you have lots of "imported_" pre pended to user names this will be because there are duplicate user names, if they are the same user merge on email address.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          So, I would want to go to import/expot on the admincp, then what? Just redo a user import selecting the option to merge on email? Or do I need to do something with the database cleanup and restart link?

          I'm being extra careful with this because last time we tried to do an "append" style import, it really messed up our VB database.

          If you can let me know exactly what process would work, that would be awesome! Thanks a million guys!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chris g
            So, I would want to go to import/expot on the admincp, then what? Just redo a user import selecting the option to merge on email? Or do I need to do something with the database cleanup and restart link?
            If the user module has been run, as it sounds like it has, when you run it again the first thing it will do is clean out all users that have an import id. This is why you shouldn't assosiate with an admin user or if you have merged on email address it will take out all the users that have been assosiated with too.

            If you are going to redo the users, you have to do all the other modules as well as they get diffrent userid's every time it is run.

            Originally posted by chris g
            I'm being extra careful with this because last time we tried to do an "append" style import, it really messed up our VB database.
            I've no idea what you mean by append, you can import into a empty vBulletin or a active one.

            Originally posted by chris g
            If you can let me know exactly what process would work, that would be awesome! Thanks a million guys!
            If you have imported_ pre pended to usernames, that is going to be becayse impex found a duplicate name, if they are the same user and have the same email address then you can merge on email, else you are going to have to rename them.
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the reply.

              Is there a way to merge the imported_ users with the other ones? I know you said e-mail, but would I be able to do this without re-running the import user?

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chris g
                Thanks for the reply.

                Is there a way to merge the imported_ users with the other ones? I know you said e-mail, but would I be able to do this without re-running the import user?

                Thanks!

                You can do it via the admincp, with the merge user tool.
                I wrote ImpEx.

                Blog | Me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi -

                  You can only do it one user at a time? Ah well, time to start.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chris g
                    Hi -

                    You can only do it one user at a time? Ah well, time to start.
                    Yup that is the case, if they don't have the same emails then its a bit of a clean up job !
                    I wrote ImpEx.

                    Blog | Me

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X