Connection to source server failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to source server failed

we just bought a new host and want to convert our invisionboard 2 (on our old server) to vbulletin 3(on our new server)

I know you can't use IMPEX with SQL databases on remote servers. I need to know how I'm supposed to download the server and upload it to my current host (Where vbulletin is installed) and how I would configure my source DB info

what i did was go to phpmyadmin on our old server and export the SQL database to a file..."forum.sql" and upload it to the root directory of our new host and put this information in and it doesn't work.

any help would be appreciated. i apologize if it's unclear, as I have never done anything like this before.

sourceexists = true

; mysql OR mssql
    sourcedatabasetype = mysql
    sourceserver = localhost
    sourceuser = "KayDawg"
    sourcepassword = "*****"
    sourcedatabase = forum.sql
    sourcetableprefix = ibf_

I know you can't use IMPEX with SQL databases on remote servers.
    Yes you can actually, impex can evne be a middle man. server a > impex (server b) > Server c. It comes down to permissions in the end.

what i did was go to phpmyadmin on our old server and export the SQL database to a file..."forum.sql" and upload it to the root directory of our new host and put this information in and it doesn't work
    You need to restore it now, really phpmyadmin is not a good solution for backing up. I really suggest if you want to do the import on the same server, you go back to the old server, and make a dump via ssh. Then import it back into mysql on the new server via the same method, and then start impex.

MySQL works with databases, a .sql file is just a backup of a database in plaintext.

Making and restoring Dumps with SSH
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

Comment

Originally posted by KayDawg
      I know you can't use IMPEX with SQL databases on remote servers.
      Did someone here tell you that ?
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X