Problem with UBB importer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with UBB importer

Ugh, I've been having so many issues with the importer, but I've managed my way through them. But this time I was shocked.

UBB Classic importer, file 010.php, approx line 262

PHP Code:
    die; 
    It's there before it checks if it wants to redirect, so it stops there.

You might want to remove that so people can import PMs

(btw: I'm not trying to come over as hostile, just been a long day with this)

I can but appologise for that one, I've no idea how that would of been released

I've fixed the download.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Dang - that explains why I'm getting complaints from users that their PMs are gone! Oh well - too late now.

Comment

my members are going to think I play favorites, I only imported 900 of 30,000 PMs. It just kept erroring out, and the importer had already been going over a day

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Spence
          my members are going to think I play favorites, I only imported 900 of 30,000 PMs. It just kept erroring out, and the importer had already been going over a day
          It should take no where near that for 30,000 PM's at all.

What was the error ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

oh, the 'over a day' thing was for the entire site, not the PMs.
            Threads: 38,578, Posts: 342,179, Members: 19,363

I didn't get an error with the PMs, it just acted like there was only 900 of them. It all depended on how many I set to do per page. The more I set per page, the more that got imported before it decided it was done. 19,000 of those were from the "Welcome PM" feature of UBB, so we didn't really lose that many. I'm willing to lose PMs to be on something that won't crash the server

Comment

oh, the 'over a day' thing was for the entire site, not the PMs.
              Threads: 38,578, Posts: 342,179, Members: 19,363

I didn't get an error with the PMs, it just acted like there was only 900 of them. It all depended on how many I set to do per page. The more I set per page, the more that got imported before it decided it was done. 19,000 of those were from the "Welcome PM" feature of UBB, so we didn't really lose that many. I'm willing to lose PMs to be on something that won't crash the server
              Ah yes, that was the above apology because I'd left a die; in there, so it would only do one page's worth.

The current download doesn't have that and it should paginate fine and get them all.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

[getting-greedy]the PM importer would be so less overwhelming with the print_r function.[/getting-greedy]

Comment

[getting-greedy]the PM importer would be so less overwhelming with the print_r function.[/getting-greedy]
                  Yup, that was taken out with the die; have you download impex again and upload the files in systems/ubb_classic
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X