my old DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my old DB

if i had to start over with installing etc,, but i have my database from 5-4, how would i import it? like where would i put it for impex to take the stuff from it? i have impex installed, but icant figure out how to use my forumbackup-5-4.sql

You first need to restore the db backup to a fresh database. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i do have a fresh database? i jus created the database and install the software, thats all the further i am, just need to reimport my old settings/backup

Comment

I understand. However you first need to restore that backup to it's own database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

mysql -u user -p pass < /home/httpdocs/forum/backups/forumbackup-05-04-2005.sqlshould be like that or should be
          mysql -u user -p pass < /home/httpdocs/forum/backups/newbackup.sql

?

Comment

mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < /path/to/backupname.sql

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i know that, im asking if the "backupname.sql" is the location of the new backup im making or my old backup thats on my server

Comment

You use whatever name your backup is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

well now i keep getting a mysql cmd not found

Comment

You need to either use the full path to mysql on your server, or change to the directory containing mysql and run it from there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X