Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Might be browser fatigute, sometimes when cache gets full things start to go weird.

Glad you were able to make it Gary

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    The only thing that changed is that the UBB has a few more threads and posts. But get this:

I tried for a 3rd (or 4th) time, and it went clean. Don't ask me why. It isn't even a full moon.

Case closed.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Well the first question is, whats changed from the tests to the live cut over ?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    More info:
    Running again, it seems that the javascript error occurs quite frequently, however up until the import freezes, the error is ignored, and the import moves on. I.e. - I think the error is a red herring. Something else is causing the import to halt.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Oh, I thought when you said 'gets down to a certain post' and 'it stopped at the exact same point' you knew which post this was.

As Zach said this is a javascript error and it's very strange to get this during the import process. I don't have any further ideas. Hopefully Jerry will be able to help when he's available.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    It may be a problem with that particular post. At this point I would suggest removing that post and trying agaiin.
    I'd love to - how do I figure out which post it is? That's the rub.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Weird, that is a javascript error, jerry may know more..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It may be a problem with that particular post. At this point I would suggest removing that post and trying agaiin.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Strange error. Are you using the exact same Impex files as before? How about the browser?
    Yes - everything is the same as before. Same browser. I even tried again with a different browser and it stopped at the exact same point.

If only I could figure out what its suddently choking on, I could delete it from UBB and move forward. For now, I'm totally dead in the water.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Strange error. Are you using the exact same Impex files as before? How about the browser?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    started a topic Need help fast! - Import dies with error

Need help fast! - Import dies with error

After running 5 or 6 successful test imports, today I'm doing the *real* import. Wouldn't ya know it, I ran into a lockup situation.

When importing posts, it gets down to a certain post, and stops running with an "Error on page" message in the browser. Here's the content of the error box:

Line: 13
    Char: 17
    Error: 'document.name' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://forum.domain.com/vb/impex/index.php
    What do I do? I keep getting about 2 and a half hours into the import, and it dies! BTW - I keep restarting with a fresh, clean, empty database.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X