Need help fast! - Import dies with error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fast! - Import dies with error

After running 5 or 6 successful test imports, today I'm doing the *real* import. Wouldn't ya know it, I ran into a lockup situation.

When importing posts, it gets down to a certain post, and stops running with an "Error on page" message in the browser. Here's the content of the error box:

Line: 13
    Char: 17
    Error: 'document.name' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://forum.domain.com/vb/impex/index.php
    What do I do? I keep getting about 2 and a half hours into the import, and it dies! BTW - I keep restarting with a fresh, clean, empty database.

Strange error. Are you using the exact same Impex files as before? How about the browser?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Strange error. Are you using the exact same Impex files as before? How about the browser?
      Yes - everything is the same as before. Same browser. I even tried again with a different browser and it stopped at the exact same point.

If only I could figure out what its suddently choking on, I could delete it from UBB and move forward. For now, I'm totally dead in the water.

Comment

It may be a problem with that particular post. At this point I would suggest removing that post and trying agaiin.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Weird, that is a javascript error, jerry may know more..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It may be a problem with that particular post. At this point I would suggest removing that post and trying agaiin.
            I'd love to - how do I figure out which post it is? That's the rub.

Comment

Oh, I thought when you said 'gets down to a certain post' and 'it stopped at the exact same point' you knew which post this was.

As Zach said this is a javascript error and it's very strange to get this during the import process. I don't have any further ideas. Hopefully Jerry will be able to help when he's available.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

More info:
                Running again, it seems that the javascript error occurs quite frequently, however up until the import freezes, the error is ignored, and the import moves on. I.e. - I think the error is a red herring. Something else is causing the import to halt.

Comment

Well the first question is, whats changed from the tests to the live cut over ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The only thing that changed is that the UBB has a few more threads and posts. But get this:

I tried for a 3rd (or 4th) time, and it went clean. Don't ask me why. It isn't even a full moon.

Case closed.

Comment

Might be browser fatigute, sometimes when cache gets full things start to go weird.

Glad you were able to make it Gary

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X