X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please I have questions B 4 Starting

Genst,

I have done the follwoing,

- I intalled frish VB 3.0.7 on the server that is running phpBB 2.0.8.
    - uploaded all the inpex files to my fourms dirctory vb\
    - edited the ImpExConfig and rename it.
    - backup for all database and sever directory.

My question is,

1. Do i have to stop my phpBB 2.0.8 before i start the import process from the cp?

2. Regardless of the answer in question 1, would the importer do any modification in the orginal phpBB database?

3. After the import, would i have both boards running then i have the option to drob the old one when i'm sure everything is OK.

4. Lets assume i'm modifing my style while the old board is running and i need to reflect the new add data, can i run the importer again for the final move?

NAJRSH0C!

1. You should never run an ImpEx on an open board. Your data could be changing between the start and the end of the import.

2. No it will not modify the source database.

3. Yes you would have both boards running, but you will need to check permissions and other settings of the new board before opening to public.

4. Sorry don't understand your question.

In general you should ALWAYS do some testruns before doing it for real, so you can iron the process and you will reduce downtime.

Best is to make a backup of your current board and import it into a testdatabase. Create also a testdatabase for vB and test your ImpEx on that before doing it for real.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X